Contribute
Register

Mavericks & Windows 8 on same drive without erasing

Status
Not open for further replies.
tried both v3 and v2 got these errors:
v3
Finder got an error: AppleEvent handler failed. (-10000)
v2
mkdir: /Volumes/EFI: Permission denied (1)

EDIT:

okay i found something really intersting:
I mounted the EFI partition on windows and turns out i have clover on my EFI Patition but for some reason it does not boot into clover hmmmmmm...
EDIT #2:
I just renamed the bootmgfw.efi file on EFI/Microsoft/Boot/ to bootmgfw-orig.efi now I can boot into clover but my Mac partition does not show up only my windows partition
EDIT #3:
Just copied HFSPlus.efi into EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
and now everything works fine I turn my laptop on I get clover bootloader I can select to boot Mac / windows

Last edited:
Please help me to proceed with Hackintosh installation in Dual boot mode. My systemconfiguration is with two disks and the details are as follows -

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
-------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
Disk 0 Online 111 GB 0 B *
Disk 1 Online 232 GB 1024 KB *

DISKPART> select disk 1

Disk 1 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> list partition

Partition ### Type Size Offset
------------- ---------------- ------- -------
Partition 1 Recovery 450 MB 1024 KB
Partition 2 System 100 MB 451 MB
Partition 3 Reserved 16 MB 551 MB
Partition 4 Primary 231 GB 567 MB
Partition 5 Recovery 460 MB 232 GB

On Disk 1, Windows is Installed and working Properly. Booting is configured for UEFI and BIOS shows Disk 1 UEFI entry alone.

I am planning to install Hackintosh (High Sierra) on Disk 0. Please clarify my doubts -

1. When Clover is installed on Disk 0, Is it going to have its on UEFI partition and UEFI entry in BIOS for booting?
2. The Hackintosh/Clover Install is going to tamper the UEFI entry of Disk 1?
3. Whether my windows setup is going to distrub in any way?

Please help me.

Please help me to proceed...

1. When Clover is installed on Disk 0, Is it going to have its on UEFI partition and UEFI entry in BIOS for booting?
2. The Hackintosh/Clover Install is going to tamper the UEFI entry of Disk 1?
3. Whether my windows setup is going to distrub in any way?

Please help me.
1. yes
2. no, not if you disconnect before installing Mac OS & Clover (or disable the drive's SATA port in UEFI/BIOS)
3. no

My Lenovo came with a ~270MB EFI partition. OS X still doesn't like it much (Verify complains about not having an EFI partition) but I was still able to install.

I think you're right about the size.

I did a default install of Win81. It created the ~300MB Recovery partition, ~100MB EFI, 128MB MSR, and main partition in the remainder. Of course this config causes problems for OS X as it evidently demands a larger EFI partition. After installing Windows, I decided to see if I could fix it.

Since the Recovery partition is not really needed, I sacrificed it.

Goes something like this (from memory):
- boot Windows installer USB
- Shift+F10 for recovery command line
- type: diskpart
- type: list disk (verify disk 0)
- type: select disk 0
- type: list part (you should see the four partitions)
- type: select part 2 (part 2 is 99/100 EFI part)
- type: assign
- type: list vol (to find out the drive letter assigned to EFI/main volume, in my case E: and C: respectively)
- Shift+F10 for another command prompt
- type: robocopy e:\efi c:\efi.bak /mir
- switch back to original command prompt (the one running diskpart)
- type: select part 1
- type: delete part override
- type: select part 2
- type: delete part override
- type: create part efi size=200 (could be bigger)
- type: format quick fs=fat32 label="EFI"
- type: assign
- type: list vol (to find out new drive letter, in my case F: )
- switch back to other command prompt window (the one just running cmd)
- type: robocopy c:\efi.bak f:\EFI /mir
- type: exit
- switch to original command prompt (the one running diskpart)
- Alt+F4 at the Windows installer to quit

At this point, verify that Windows still boots... It should. And after it does, you should now be able to use diskmgmt.msc to resize the Windows partition, create placeholder partition(s) for OS X, and boot into the OS X installer/Disk Utility to erase as HFS+J.

If you wanted to retain the Recovery partition, you could probably clone it and place it after the main partition (assuming Windows isn't dependent on the position and only the partition GUID). The clone would have to be a perfect copy, including the GUID partition type.

Not exactly a process for noobs...

Thanks! I did it (ASUS H110S1, Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600 CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), Intel(R) HD Graphics 630). )

My partitions were Recovery (499 Mb), Win10 (210 Gb), the empty partition formatted with NTFS (created for Mojave, 36 Gb) and EFI (100 Mb). But I didn't delete the first partition, only the last one (and created new 300Mb-EFI). But I can boot only with Unibeast-flashdrive. (

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back