Onboard/Native
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,

I would highly appreciate it if someone can help with this issue, please. I recently upgraded from Lion to OS X 10.9.5 and everything works as expected except that the system will not wake up from sleep. Lets say if I see the screen going to sleep and if I move the mouse, It comes back no issues at all however if the system is left idle for 10 minutes or so then I can cannot wake it up, I have to then cold boot the system. I have been trying to resolve this very hick-up for the past few days an no luck.

I have read and tried most of the suggestions that were made within threads:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=ga-z68ma-d2h-b3 will not wake

Thank you.

After trying out numerous installation guides and endless suggestion including loading the DSDT which ended up killing the network connection, I still have not been able to resolve the following issues. However I did learn a thing or two and then a work around for issue 1.

ISSUES:

1- Mavericks goes to sleep and doesn't wake up, I am unable to get to the desktop unless I reboot.
2- When I shutdown the system, the screen goes black however system is sill on.

To address the issue number 1, when the system boots up and I am logged in, I simply open Garage Band and keep it open. And when the system goes to sleep, I am able to wake it up. Weird things is that when the system wakes up, It puts the Caps Lock on, and I have to make sure I turn it off before logging in otherwise system doesn't accept the login password.

Issue number 2, I just unplug the system when I really need to power it off.

Now if anyone has any suggestion, please do share.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back