Asus GTX680 2gb
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

It will power on just fine, but as the title says, it will not reboot or shutdown. Which i don't really turn my pc off anyways, but when i want to install something that requires a reboot, well, it doesn't..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

System specs:
ASROCK Z77 Extreme 6 Flashed bios p2.40
i5-3570k
16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600
Asus GTX680 2gb
Samsung 830 SSD 256gb
ASUS USB-N53 wireless adapter.

Hello all,

It will power on just fine, but as the title says, it will not reboot or shutdown. Which i don't really turn my pc off anyways, but when i want to install something that requires a reboot, well, it doesn't..

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

System specs:
ASROCK Z77 Extreme 6 Flashed bios p2.40
i5-3570k
16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600
Asus GTX680 2gb
Samsung 830 SSD 256gb
ASUS USB-N53 wireless adapter.

Please read and comply with the Rules.

"Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you."

Run Multibeast - Select Drivers - Misc - EvOReboot

Good Luck

Please read and comply with the Rules.

"Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you."

Run Multibeast - Select Drivers - Misc - EvOReboot

Good Luck

Ok. i think i setup my profile correctly.

It seems like if i run multi beast, i have to select my audio driver overtime i run it or i won't have audio when i reboot.. Is that common?

Also, after i run that i am guessing i will need to reboot, but since it won't reboot, should i tell it to reboot and then wait for the screen to go black and then just hit the restart button?

Thanks again

Ok. i think i setup my profile correctly.

It seems like if i run multi beast, i have to select my audio driver overtime i run it or i won't have audio when i reboot..

No need to change Audio settings - Just select EvOReboot in Multibeast.

Restart and see what happens

No need to change Audio settings - Just select EvOReboot in Multibeast.

Restart and see what happens

It didn't work. Still just goes to a black screen. I have to hit the restart button on the computer case.

Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It didn't work. Still just goes to a black screen. I have to hit the restart button on the computer case.

Sorry to hear that - I just tried a quick Search and it seems that you are not alone - You may want to wade through some of those threads to see if anyone found a solution.

Good Luck

Thanks for your help. You wouldn't happen to know why I'm not getting a good IP address from the NIC on my motherboard would you? I looked throughout the forum and it looked like people with my motherboard are using the BCM5722D.kext or the AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext. Neither of them seem to work for me.

THanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back