Contribute
Register

Mavericks via UniBeast on MacPro 1, 1 - possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
IntelDx58SO
CPU
i7
Graphics
AMD6700
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I'm new and a bit of a nube at Hackintoshing; but pretty computer literate...

Here's what I'm trying to do, and it seems that it maybe impossible; in which case I would really love some suggestions on how to get my first hackintosh up...

I have access to an old actual MacPro 1,1 machine with 10.6.8 running fine. Because it does not meet Mavericks min. requirements I can't download it from apps store... My friend downloaded it on his 10.7 machine, put it on a USB drive and gave it to me. I put it in my /applications folder and tried to run Unibeast - it fails to complete install with the 'unknown error' -

Is there a way for me to make an install USB without Unibeast on my MacPro 1,1 machine?
Or what are my other options.

Thanks

V.

The Mac Pro 1,1 uses the older AppleEFI 32 not the newer AppleEFI 64 so you will need to use Chimera to enable AppleEFI 64 emulation. You will not be able to install ML or Mavs using the Installer app but instead you will need to either install Mavs to a drive using another Mac/Hack or create multiple partitions on the same drive in the Mac Pro and image the installer to one of them. In order to boot Chimera on the Mac Pro you also need to have your drive formated using the MBR scheme not GPT/GUID or the Mac will not enter legecy boot mode.

@ PJALM

Thanks for the reply. I've actually been able to use a friends MacBook to get a UniBeast w/Mavericks USB going... and gotten myself to a full install of Mavericks on my DX58S0 (which was the main plan all along)...
When I book from the USB; everything works like a charm, but when I pull the USB and try to boot from the HDD - I get to the Tonymax86 logo (instead of the apple) and the spinning grey wheel... have followed the instructions by -laim0p here; can't seem to figure out what the problem might be... any ideas?

thanks

V

The Mac Pro 1,1 uses the older AppleEFI 32 not the newer AppleEFI 64 so you will need to use Chimera to enable AppleEFI 64 emulation. You will not be able to install ML or Mavs using the Installer app but instead you will need to either install Mavs to a drive using another Mac/Hack or create multiple partitions on the same drive in the Mac Pro and image the installer to one of them. In order to boot Chimera on the Mac Pro you also need to have your drive formated using the MBR scheme not GPT/GUID or the Mac will not enter legecy boot mode.

Hi.
Pls explain this procedure as I am trying to install mavericks on a mac pro 1.1 and not getting anywhere,
I do have some experience installing mavericks on my Normal pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back