Contribute
Register

Mavericks USB Boot Fail Asus UX31a (Unibeast 4.0.2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #5 shows IGPEnabler=Yes. IGPEnabler=No would be incorrect. IGPlatformID only has an effect with IGPEnabler=Yes or GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

You're right, I misread I guess. Let me give this another go.

Thanks.

Flag "-v IGPlatformID=01660009" gets me into the gray screen but the color wheel keeps spinning.

This is progress..

Should I throw a dart=0 in there, or maybe bring it into safemode?

Flag "-v IGPlatformID=01660009" gets me into the gray screen but the color wheel keeps spinning.

This is progress..

Should I throw a dart=0 in there, or maybe bring it into safemode?

If you can't turn off VT-d in BIOS, you definitely need dart=0.

Be aware the installer does not boot quickly...

If you can't turn off VT-d in BIOS, you definitely need dart=0.

VT-d is off in bios but when I added dart=o, it booted and is currently installing. :clap:

Does dart=0 affect things other than VT-d?

VT-d is off in bios but when I added dart=o, it booted and is currently installing. :clap:

Does dart=0 affect things other than VT-d?

Some BIOSes don't really completely disable VT-d when you turn them off, so dart=0 is still required in those instances.

At least that's how it seems. I don't really understand all the details with dart=0.

Know anything about Aptio Bios?

After the OSX install, ran Multibeast and threw the bootloader in.. Computer cannot see the HDD

Go into setup and notice that there no longer is a boot option listed and I am not sure of how to find the correct info to rebuild it.

IMG_20140727_205441.jpg

Know anything about Aptio Bios?

After the OSX install, ran Multibeast and threw the bootloader in.. Computer cannot see the HDD

Go into setup and notice that there no longer is a boot option listed and I am not sure of how to find the correct info to rebuild it.

View attachment 100017

Very common with Asus. You can install the bootloader manually to the HDD, but even then there can be problems. You might wish to use Clover instead.

Very common with Asus. You can install the bootloader manually to the HDD, but even then there can be problems. You might wish to use Clover instead.

I worded that slightly wrong. The computer can see the SSD and can boot to it with the Unibeast USB. It's the bios that does not know how to boot the drive any more.

I'm going to give Clover a try. Do I need to do any cleanup with the newly installed Chimera boot loader prior to installing Clover? Knowing what it it takes to boot my computer with Chimera, can we translate any of the information below into what I will have to do to get Clover to boot?

Again, thank you for helping!

I worded that slightly wrong. The computer can see the SSD and can boot to it with the Unibeast USB. It's the bios that does not know how to boot the drive any more.

I'm going to give Clover a try. Do I need to do any cleanup with the newly installed Chimera boot loader prior to installing Clover? Knowing what it it takes to boot my computer with Chimera, can we translate any of the information below into what I will have to do to get Clover to boot?

Again, thank you for helping!

Clover UEFI or you can try to install Chimera to EFI partition. My suggestion would be Clover UEFI...

Clover UEFI or you can try to install Chimera to EFI partition. My suggestion would be Clover UEFI...

Done. Working. Wheww. Threw Clover EFI onto the EFI partition. I had to change the filesystem to msdos of my previously wiped out EFI partition. Other than that, went smooth.

One thing that I am now confused about is what system is controlling my OSX startup config? I am still configuring Chameleon to tweak things, right? Clover is simply the bootloader and serves no further function. Correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back