Contribute
Register

Mavericks OSX Black screen on Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try adding npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000.

I solved this issue on my parents' build by using "GraphicsEnabler=Yes, IGPEnabler=No" at boot. Just GraphicsEnabler=Yes was not enough to do the trick for me. Hope this helps someone else in the same situation.

Wanted to let people know that this solution worked for me.

I solved this issue on my parents' build by using "GraphicsEnabler=Yes, IGPEnabler=No" at boot. Just GraphicsEnabler=Yes was not enough to do the trick for me. Hope this helps someone else in the same situation.
Wanted to let people know that this solution worked for me.

worked for me to got my build going at least past unibeast boot posted this as install was going

i was able to reach the startup on my tosh sattelite laptop with these settings "-x GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No" but now no mousepad control.

i was able to reach the startup on my tosh sattelite laptop with these settings "-x GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No" but now no mousepad control.

Laptop questions should be asked in one of the laptop forums.

Hello! May be you can help me!
I have same problem...

I have installed mavericks and tuned multibeast - after i have black screen or Kernel Panic

you can see photo

i have tried any boot options:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000
GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 -x -v -F
-F GraphicsEnabler=Yes -v
-F -v
-F -v -x

and nothing....

Attachments

• screenshot_KernelPanic.JPG
    screenshot_KernelPanic.JPG
    660.8 KB · Views: 460
Using Asus g53 with 4xx nvedia, I have used nv_disable=1 and it loaded the setup/install screen, but yet everytime I have to boot from flash with nv_disable=1 typed before loading....any advise and I hope it helped.:)

Thanks for this!!!

It worked first time for me with my EVGA GTX 460 SE.

I have an Asus Z97A 1150 Motherboard with a i7-4790 processor, and 16GB (4x4) Corsair Vengeance 1866 MHZ Memory. If that helps anybody...

I forgot to mention that after I installed Mavericks...

I had to omit the IGPEnabler=No at boot otherwise I would get Kernel Panic...

Once I installed Multibeast the boot options allowed me to just enable GraphicsEnabler=Yes at boot and all was fine with the world!!!

Using Asus g53 with 4xx nvedia, I have used nv_disable=1 and it loaded the setup/install screen, but yet everytime I have to boot from flash with nv_disable=1 typed before loading....any advise and I hope it helped.:)

Wow! Thanks! This single flag did it for me after searching for ages! Thank you!

System: i5 2500k gtx560ti gigabyte p67 b3 d3

I got the system to boot with:
Code:
-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No

many thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back