Contribute
Register

Mavericks OSX Black screen on Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Works for me but it isn't HD. Have any success with this?

if you have the same issue on Nvidia GTX 690 (640+ series that works with GraphicsEnabler=No)

after an update or whatever , try this !

-v -f GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No nv_disable=1

This forum post is older, but still works today! I just wanted to pass along for those of you who are still trying to get this to work on equipment that is labeled as Tier 3 or 4, or even for new hardware, such as the following hardware:

Case: Corsair 400R
Board: Intel DX58S02
CPU: Intel Core i7 Extreme Series i7-950
Socket: LGA1366
RAM: 24GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600+ 1333MHz
Bus Speed: 1333MHz
Graphics card: PNY GT 430
Hard Drive: OCZ Octane 2.0 SSD
Power Supply: Corsair TX750

When you boot up your machine, for this particular board above, start pressing the F10 key. When the menu changes, choose to load from your USB thumb drive. The UniBeast USB thumb drive will start to pull the data and you'll see the "tonymacx86" logo screen containing the OS of your choice. Once you see this, press "-" (dash) on the keyboard and type in command below directly into the gray box at the bottom of the screen. After you're done typing the command, you should see this (without the quotes):

"boot: -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes"

Hit Enter. The screen will go black for about 5-10 seconds. Then your screen will show the Apple logo, and a swirling pinwheel. This will then move to a white-ish gray screen. Give it about 1 minute and it'll change to a gray screen. Wait about another 30 seconds to 1 minute. Finally...it will change to the load screen where you would pick the language and so on. From here, there is much more to do from this point. Follow these steps from the following site found here at tonymacx86.com: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-intel-dx58so-fully-working.html.

It only took about 20 minutes to load the entire Mavericks operating system onto the drive. It will reboot the system.

Make sure you leave the USB thumb drive plugged into your system. It will automatically boot up to the USB thumb drive again. At the tonymacx86 boot screen, hit the right-arrow to move over to your OSX drive. Follow the same steps above to type in the GraphicEnabler information, otherwise you'll boot to a black screen again that goes nowhere! This will allow you to load the OS registration screen. Please make sure to follow the website link above to finish the entire installation process.

Hope it works for y'all!

Last edited:
I solved this issue on my parents' build by using "GraphicsEnabler=Yes, IGPEnabler=No" at boot. Just GraphicsEnabler=Yes was not enough to do the trick for me. Hope this helps someone else in the same situation.
Worked for me too, thx a lot !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back