Nvidia GTX760
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I finally built my new PC and installed OS X Mavericks, as per the instructions given from this brilliant website, but I've got a slight problem. The machine gets stuck at the apple logo screen and the only way to get into OS X is to use the -x switch at startup.

Could someone please give me some advice as to where to start troubleshooting?

I have added as much build information to my sig as I can remember, but if I've missed anything, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

John.

Hi,

I finally built my new PC and installed OS X Mavericks, as per the instructions given from this brilliant website, but I've got a slight problem. The machine gets stuck at the apple logo screen and the only way to get into OS X is to use the -x switch at startup.

Could someone please give me some advice as to where to start troubleshooting?

I have added as much build information to my sig as I can remember, but if I've missed anything, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

John.
Hi the issues here is that the 9 series motherboards intel changed something and the integrated graphics aren't supported with out applying a patch look at this thread for a work around and the patch and more info on the subject
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...phics-acceleration-9-series-motherboards.html

That worked a treat, thanks! Now all I need to do is figure out how to make the sound work, (I did look at the article, but that didn't work) and I'll be an even happier man.

:)

Hey, I have the same problem. I installed Mavericks OK, but I only can boot into Mavericks with safe mode, it break in [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!
What could I do to boot without problems?
My specs are:

Gigabyte Z97-HD3
i7-4770K
8GB RAM
HDD 250GB (with MAC OS) + HDD 3TB
Gigabyte GTX650

I want to fix this problem. Help me, please.

Hey, I have the same problem. I installed Mavericks OK, but I only can boot into Mavericks with safe mode, it break in [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!
What could I do to boot without problems?
My specs are:

Gigabyte Z97-HD3
i7-4770K
8GB RAM
HDD 250GB (with MAC OS) + HDD 3TB
Gigabyte GTX650

I want to fix this problem. Help me, please.
You have the same problem as the original poster except you have a discrete graphics card so for you go into the bios advanced/peripherals/ and disable the integrated graphics and select the graphics card to initiate first should fix your problem if you choose to use both integrated and the graphics card boot with -x and install the graphics patch from the link in post 2 and then reboot to test and disregard the bios changes I mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back