Contribute
Register

Mavericks on Sandy Bridge GA-z68x-ud5-b3 + GTX 480 ...fear of upgrade, your thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

I have been running a really stable LION 10.7.4 install for about two years now. This is my main work system, it runs a daily backup from SSD-> HD partition daily, and I use it for all my work, seven mail accounts +, lightroom, photoshop, web etc.

I just bought a 240GB samsung SSD with plans to move to Mavericks, but after reading about the email problems, and some people having issues with older GTX4XX series cards, I am a little leary of the move.

some considerations.

I bought a new SSD to do a clean install, and then hopefully import my mail and little else...I always can reboot back into my LION SSD if needed so as to not disrupt my ability to operate. Looks like the GTX problems are easily resolved with some boot flags, and so I am wondering what if any thoughts you, the fantastic community here might have on the matter.
thanks in advance

I have a similar board and processor to yours and been running Mavericks since release last year. Works great. What email problems?

I'd upgrade in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back