Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
I have been overlooking the forums for a while and have decided to give it a go and install Mavericks on my Lenovo Y560P laptop... I have no experience in any of this but I have viewed the installation guide for it and understand that...
I am confused on what exactly I will have to fix once that is completed.
Does anyone know what does not work after installing OSX to the Y560P?
I have heard some instances of
Sound, Wifi and Sleep/Restart..?
Does anyone know how one would go about fixing those for the Y560P?
Thanks!

I have been overlooking the forums for a while and have decided to give it a go and install Mavericks on my Lenovo Y560P laptop... I have no experience in any of this but I have viewed the installation guide for it and understand that...
I am confused on what exactly I will have to fix once that is completed.
Does anyone know what does not work after installing OSX to the Y560P?
I have heard some instances of
Sound, Wifi and Sleep/Restart..?
Does anyone know how one would go about fixing those for the Y560P?
Thanks!
The intel wireless chip will not work, your bluetooth might but many who need bluetooth opt for usb solutions that have better support. Interestingly your laptop has three mPCIe card slots, so if the builtin bluetooth card works then you could opt to replace only the wifi card and keep the bluetooth...but you're likely going to run into issues with the bios having a whitelist which means it will reject cards not specifically approved by Lenovo.

To get real "Airport" you will have to patch the bios. You can use a USB wifi solution and the cons to this are that it won't use the built in apple airport software, OS X sees such a device as ethernet because apple does not release the source to their wifi(airport) software, you will have to run a utility software that will allow you to sign-in to the wifi network, and os x will see the device as ethernet..

The whole process involves a lot of searching, reading, patience, and trial and error. Something might go wrong and the only thing you know how to do is start from scratch. If you enjoy this sort of thing: tinkering, problem solving, it is a lot of fun but it can be aggravating at times.

A good starting point is ethernet, graphics, and CPU power management. If you can get these three things you will be in good shape to start tackling all the smaller issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back