Graphics
Mobile Intel 45 Express Chipset Family - Resolution: 1366 x 768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone. I'm having some issues with booting the Mavericks installer. I have included a picture of the output when it's starting up. I've tried all sorts of boot flags to no avail. I had to remove the AppleHDA kext (there was an error with it). The boot always ends as shown in the picture, other than when I used the -x flag, which makes it so the last line, "RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)," doesn't appear. Anyone know what to do? IMG_2727.jpg

Hey everyone. I'm having some issues with booting the Mavericks installer. I have included a picture of the output when it's starting up. I've tried all sorts of boot flags to no avail. I had to remove the AppleHDA kext (there was an error with it). The boot always ends as shown in the picture, other than when I used the -x flag, which makes it so the last line, "RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)," doesn't appear. Anyone know what to do? View attachment 95756

No idea without hardware specs...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Thanks for the heads up. I've added that information to my profile.

Thanks for the heads up. I've added that information to my profile.

Old stuff. Mavericks is likely not supported. You might try Snow Leopard 32-bit instead.

Old stuff. Mavericks is likely not supported. You might try Snow Leopard 32-bit instead.

Oh damn, okay. Guess I'll try a VM on it then.

I am running Mavericks on a Dell 1440. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhyO4zTeFRk.
Used Unibeast and Mavericks downloaded from App Store at 10.6.8 on the same Dell. Take battery off, use external keyboard. Boot pen drive -v pci=off. Once installed run Multibeast, DSDT Free. Kexts: Evo, Fake & Null. For audio I am using Voodoo and Wi-Fi modified airportrd or something like that. Can't say exactly everything I've done to make it work while learning how to do it and reading a lot, but it works! My only problem is sleep, I mean I haven't been getting much of it and neither the laptop. I can't remove nullcpupowermanagement. Thanks Tonymacx86!

I am running Mavericks on a Dell 1440. See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhyO4zTeFRk.
Used Unibeast and Mavericks downloaded from App Store at 10.6.8 on the same Dell. Take battery off, use external keyboard. Boot pen drive -v pci=off. Once installed run Multibeast, DSDT Free. Kexts: Evo, Fake & Null. For audio I am using Voodoo and Wi-Fi modified airportrd or something like that. Can't say exactly everything I've done to make it work while learning how to do it and reading a lot, but it works! My only problem is sleep, I mean I haven't been getting much of it and neither the laptop. I can't remove nullcpupowermanagement. Thanks Tonymacx86!

You won't get sleep to work using NullCPU. And do you have QE/CI graphics? OS X is just plain painful without full graphics accel.

I don't have QE/CI, no given solution seems to exist from what I've read, maybe someone with the appropriate knowledge has done it with the GMA4500MHD.
I have abandoned the idea of removing nullcpu, whatever I have done still gets me HPETs not configured correctly panic, so I decided to leave it like that until I learn more.
Mostly everything else works and it dual boots to Win8. It is my everyday computer.
Nevertheless, to further entertain myself, I am moving on to an HP 4540s i5 inexpensive salvage machine off ebay that hasn't arrived yet.
The Probook installer work seems to be solid and straightforward so that is why I've decided to move in that direction. Already received an AR9285 WIFI card and a replacement low res screen. It seems that I may have Bluetooth issues, we'll see.
Thanks and my best regards!

I don't have QE/CI, no given solution seems to exist from what I've read, maybe someone with the appropriate knowledge has done it with the GMA4500MHD.
I have abandoned the idea of removing nullcpu, whatever I have done still gets me HPETs not configured correctly panic, so I decided to leave it like that until I learn more.
Mostly everything else works and it dual boots to Win8. It is my everyday computer.
Nevertheless, to further entertain myself, I am moving on to an HP 4540s i5 inexpensive salvage machine off ebay that hasn't arrived yet.
The Probook installer work seems to be solid and straightforward so that is why I've decided to move in that direction. Already received an AR9285 WIFI card and a replacement low res screen. It seems that I may have Bluetooth issues, we'll see.
Thanks and my best regards!

GMA 4500 MHD is not supported. QE/CI is a requirement for sleep. Your laptop is just not appropriate for OS X... plan on getting a new one.

Just wanted to let you know your advice was followed. Got an HP Probook 4540s i5 for $125 on ebay, broken screen, no hard drive. Replaced LCD screen (ebay $50 plus shipping) got new wifi bluetooth AR9285 AR5B195 card (ebay $7.61), already had a spare hard drive and got refunded $10 for the missing hard drive caddy. Runs Mavericks Perfect thanks to the ProBook Installer! Zero issues. THANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back