Contribute
Register

Mavericks on Broadwell laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm completely lost now...

You should be leaving most of config.plist/SMBIOS settings to Clover defaults.
And ACPI/patched should not have any files there (those files are for post-install).
Why do you have unneeded files like VboxExt4-64.efi, ApfsDriverLoader, AppleImageLoader? (eg. don't use files that have no meaning for the version of OS X you're attempting to install).

Also...
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

You should be leaving most of config.plist/SMBIOS settings to Clover defaults.
And ACPI/patched should not have any files there (those files are for post-install).
Why do you have unneeded files like VboxExt4-64.efi, ApfsDriverLoader, AppleImageLoader? (eg. don't use files that have no meaning for the version of OS X you're attempting to install).

Also...
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?
I removed the files you mentioned and I still have the same problem. I don't exactly know what you mean by Clover's default SMBIOS settings. The installer was uploaded from a friend who has a real MBP, and created using createinstallmedia as normal.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
I don't exactly know what you mean by Clover's default SMBIOS settings.

In config.plist/SMBIOS set only ProductName, SerialNumber, BoardSerialNumber, and Trust=true.

In config.plist/SMBIOS set only ProductName, SerialNumber, BoardSerialNumber, and Trust=true.
Done. Still nothing. Any other ideas? I unfortunately don't have another computer to test the usb at the moment.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
Done. Still nothing. Any other ideas? I unfortunately don't have another computer to test the usb at the moment.

No verbose boot photo attached.
If you still have SMBIOS compatibility problem, use a different one, such as MacBookPro11,1.

No verbose boot photo attached.
If you still have SMBIOS compatibility problem, use a different one, such as MacBookPro11,1.
MBP11,1 doesn't work since it was released after 10.9.1. I may have to try to find a 10.9.5 installer. Verbose boot result is the same as in post 10.

MBP11,1 doesn't work since it was released after 10.9.1.

What are you trying to do?
Suggestion: Use a version of OS X (or macOS) that actually supports your hardware.

From memory, Haswell support went in 10.8.5 (MacBookAir6,2).
Not sure when Broadwell went in..., but it was probably 10.9.5 or so, probably not stable until 10.10.x.

I may have to try to find a 10.9.5 installer.

It is what you will get from the Mac App Store.
From where are you obtaining your copy of the installer?

What are you trying to do?
Suggestion: Use a version of OS X (or macOS) that actually supports your hardware.

From memory, Haswell support went in 10.8.5 (MacBookAir6,2).
Not sure when Broadwell went in..., but it was probably 10.9.5 or so, probably not stable until 10.10.x.

It is what you will get from the Mac App Store.
From where are you obtaining your copy of the installer?
Pretty sure Broadwell support came in 10.10.2. I want to install Mavericks to test some programs that don't work on newer versions. The installer was downloaded from someone who had it sitting on his macbook. Do you know where to find the 10.9.5 installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back