Graphics
NVidia GTX 285
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys! Updated, and of course, having problems.

Let's get the knowns out of the way first:
  • Motherboard is ASUS P6X58D-E
  • CPU i7-950
  • GPU GTX 285
  • 24GB RAM
  • Was on 10.8.5 flawlessly

I installed via the guide currently on the homepage of this site.
  • Downloaded Mavericks
  • Made bootable USB via UniBeast
  • Booted into USB (F8, then select USB)
  • Had to use boot flags "-x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0"
  • The install upgraded me without any issue
  • Ran repair disk, and rebooted
  • Booted into USB again, but this time chose Mavericks install drive
  • Everything booted fine, and I ran MultiBeast

I already had a working DSDT. Pretty much the same one I've been using since 10.7.x. MultiBeast gave the option for EasyDSDT, UserDSDT, or DSDT Free. Now here's where things get a bit tricky. I picked DSDT Free (since I already had a DSDT on the system...right???). I then installed...
  • AHCI 3rd Party SATA
  • AppleACPIPlatform 10.6.8 (sad it was for x58 boards)
  • Chimera v2.2.1
  • FakeSMC
  • FakeSMC Plugins
  • FakeSMC HW Monitor
  • The Generic USB 3.0 Driver (Installed in the past to get USB 3.0 to work)
  • TRIM Enabler v10.9.0
  • MacPro 5,1 Profile (had this previously on my 10.8.x build)
  • ...and possibly 1 or 2 more things (MAYBE a power management???)

Ran a disk repair again, and rebooted. This time making sure to just let it boot from the HDD. The white loading screen with the grey Apple logo appeared. There was a loading bar. The bar vanished. There were some grey swirly thinking things...and then black. My system sent my monitor into standby mode.

Rebooted again and tried to boot with the original boot flag string "-x GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0". Same thing happened. I tried to boot with the flags "-x -v". Verbose didn't SEEM to hang on anything. like it typically would if there was an issue. The same thing happened with the loading screen and then black.

I THEN tried to boot through UniBeast like the beginning of the install procedure. The EXACT same thing happened again. I'm now at a loss. I can't even get into my system in order to mkae any changes that MAY be suggested.

First, how can I get back into my system (safe/regularly)?
Second, is there anything you guys see that I SHOULDN'T have done?

Ok so this morning before work I tried catching verbose again. It said something about error booting SMC followed by something about loading original SMC. I couldn't pay too much attention at the time as I dind't want to be late.

And what I still don't understand is how come I can no longer get into the system via safe mode. Mind you, I'm not a beginner here btw.

Hey guys! Updated, and of course, having problems.
I already had a working DSDT. Pretty much the same one I've been using since 10.7.x. MultiBeast gave the option for EasyDSDT, UserDSDT, or DSDT Free. Now here's where things get a bit tricky. I picked DSDT Free (since I already had a DSDT on the system...right???). I then installed...

One quick observation:
Since you already had a DSDT, the correct option in MultiBeast is "User DSDT". This will take a file named "DSDT.aml" on the Desktop and place it in your extra folder.

Something you might try:
-Copy DSDT.aml (the one that's been working) into /Extra
-check your boot and kernel flags in org.chameleon.boot.plist to make sure they're what you want
-check permissions, rebuild kernel caches

Then continue your troubleshooting.
I don't see another fault **offhand** but I don't have this mobo and I'm giving a quick answer.

D

Installing mine right now, running GTX-570, GTX-465 and GTX-460. I was trying GraphicsEnabler=No per your suggestion but couldn't get anywhere with that or leaving it out, then I checked the defaults and GraphicsEnabler=No is default, so went with "-x GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0" and I could get to the installer.

Installing now and we'll see what comes up on the other end.

Something you might try:
-Copy DSDT.aml (the one that's been working) into /Extra
-check your boot and kernel flags in org.chameleon.boot.plist to make sure they're what you want
-check permissions, rebuild kernel caches

I would SOOOOO love to do this...but I can't even get into the system via safe mode nor UniBeast anymore. It just does the same thing no matter what. Gets to the white/grey Apple loading screen...and then POOF. The darkness.

Ok so THANK GOD a friend of mine was able to read my USB drive to pull off my settings.mp and DSDT.aml file. I tend to place important files on the install USB as a just-in-case. This just became a just-in-case.

Hope this guides someone into helping me at least get back into my system.

Attachments

• Settings.zip
    3 KB · Views: 431
  • DSDT.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 499
I'm having the same issue, but I can get back into the 10.9 with the flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes
i can't boot into the os without this flag and that's my problem,but where did you get ur dsdt file

I'm having the same issue, but I can get back into the 10.9 with the flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes
i can't boot into the os without this flag and that's my problem,but where did you get ur dsdt file

I've had this DSDT since 10.6.8. No clue where I go tit from. I THINK someone on here years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back