Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP elitedesk 800 g4
CPU
i5 quad
Graphics
intel 630
Had only found 2 threads on this server. So started reading along and seen that Clover might work for me. So using Tony's Excellent guide on building a clover usb drive i started out on an adventure...

Bought this server for $229 on sale at Amazon....with an I-3 intel cpu and 4 gig of ram. Shipped free. I had an Sandisk Ultra 2 ssd 240 gig....I had picked up for 59.00 on amazon too....came with a dvd player, but picked up a burner from newegg for 14.00.. I knew the onboard video would not work well so I put in a nvidia Gt240 I had laying around to complete the build.

Built the usb key with clover per Tony's guide....use the config.plist that had the nvidia setup in it and installed Mavericks.

Downloaded a network file for the network....then used a voodoo audio file that I have used on my dell installs...its called 2746-VoodooHDA-v2.8.4+Lion...don't remember where I got the file from but it has always worked on my Dell osx installs...I used the legacy install for the clover setup....

Thanks so much to Tony and the gang for all the info and work that you do....built this awesome install for less than 300.00 and works nice....this setup will go to one of my 5 kids....gong to buy more when on sale again...Makes me look like a Good Dad...LOL...

Got to say that this is the quietest computer I have ever had....and has 2 case fans and a nice sized cpu fan...nearly dead silent...

What network kext did you use? And did you try without the graphic card? Thanks!!!

Turk101,

I tried to install Mavricks without graphics card, and it seems working fine. But I ran into two issue. I don't know where I can find network kext for Lenovo TS140. Secondly, post-installation did not go well for me. If I have the installation USB key in the computer, I can boot fine. But, without it, it says "missing operating system." I used "UEFI-Capable Systems" instead of "BIOS-only Systems" Can you help me out by sharing what you did? Thank you so much in advance!

IONetworkingFamilyInjector.kext is what i used to get the network to work....for audio do a search for the audio file I used....Clover worked awesome on this computer....with an ssd and only 4 gig of ram this thing flies
And I did the bios only setup.....set the bios to legacy...hope this helps...

Turk101,

Secondly, post-installation did not go well for me. If I have the installation USB key in the computer, I can boot fine. But, without it, it says "missing operating system." I used "UEFI-Capable Systems" instead of "BIOS-only Systems" Can you help me out by sharing what you did? Thank you so much in advance!

I also ran into that problem and realized that I had forgotten to install clover on the hard drive which is under the step 4 post-installation section of the Clover guide.
5. Install Clover to Yosemite with the following Custom settings

On my TS140 I am able to boot Yosemite ok with the 4400 graphics, but the screen updates look sluggish and I sometimes get artifacts around windows. I suppose that is to be expected with an unsupported gpu.

I am still trying to get my Intel i217 ethernet to work. I did put the IONetworkingFamilyInjector.kext under the kexts/10.10 directory but that does not seem to be enough, so still trying to figure it out :beachball:

cyclicredundancy,
Ever get the Ethernet issues worked out on the Yosemite install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back