Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was given a Dell Precision T7600 with windows on but I wanted a hackintosh, so I tried .... and am almost there - just need a little help.

I created a Unibeast install with Mavericks 10.9.2 (13c64) without too many problems.
Had to unplug the internal hard disk from the SAS/RAID controller because DiskUtil did not recognize it,
but I re-routed it to the SATA used by the optical drive (who needs an optical drive anyways!)

I also had to change the graphics card as it came with one that would definitely not work.

I installed Mavericks with the following boot options: -x PCIRootUID=0, npci=0x3000

I can boot into the OS from the Unibeast USB stick to run MultiBeast with the following options:

Quick Start:
Easy Beast
Drivers:
Misc:
USB 3.0 support
Networks:
Realtek ...
Bootloader:
Chimera v2.2.1
Customize:
Boot Options: (apart from the ones set by Easy Beast already)
Instant Menu
System Definitions:
5.1 (also tried 3.1)

Added the following two options to /Extra/ord.Chameleon.Boot.plist:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=0</string>

and

<key>npci</key>
<string>0x3000</string>

Generated and rebooted.... didn't work - had to fix the 512 vs 4096 byte boot loader blocks size issue.....

Now I can boot the system from the hard drive on which it is installed but only if I supply the following options:

-x PCIRootUID=0, npci=0x3000

that is, it only boots into safe mode and only if I still supply the two extra (PCIRootUID and npci) options,
EVEN though they are already in /Extra/ord.Chameleon.Boot.plist

I have also tried with GraphicsEnabler=Yes as an option without any luck.

The symptoms that I get when I boot without any options as as follows: Chimera boot loader comes up and shows the Mavericks installation. When chosen the grey apple start screen appears and the little grey process wheel spins for a little while, then the screen goes black (it looses the signal)...

It should be said that when i safe mode the installation correctly identifies the processor (2 x 1.8 Ghz Quad Core Xeon), the memory (8 Gb 1067 MhZ DDR3) and the graphics card (Nvidia Quadro FX 570 256MB).

So what do I do now??? I really want to get this machine running os x - cause I don't want to use windows!!!!

Thans guys and girls.

so the question is (as always): what do I do to get the stupid thing to boot

I'm attempting the same on a T7500 and having simillar problems. Were you able to find a way to resolve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back