Contribute
Register

Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by kodadog
1. No audio except USB. No “Intel High Definition Audio” in “System Information/Hardware/Audio"

No dsdt/HDEF, fixes:
1. Extract dsdt and Add dsdt/HDEF/Audio ID: 1, see How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF v2
2. Download and install, audio_ssdt-no_hdef-hdae-1.zip

It took some time but .... Thank You!

My Sound Werks!

Last edited by a moderator:
All the files that i posted represent the configuration 780Ti with 6.4.2 and non working audio, as described in problem reporting. I will reinstall 770 and post all the file with that configuration and working audio :)

edit: done, the attached files is relative to the 770 configuration (audio works) all the other previously posted was with 780Ti and 6.4.2 as described.

Same here but with AsusZ97Pro wifi OC and Asus GTX780
kind regards
Fred
#############################################################
FIXED thx grimbelch for the hint
With the gtx780 attached the gtx780 uses device number 2 (hdmi audio) and ALC1150 gets device number 3
So luckily i got fixed it by simply adding HDAEnabler1.kext with kexbeast

I'm so happy , my first up to date Z97 and everything working

Thanx for all the work!

kind regards

The happy Fred :headbang:

@Toleda

I tried my best not to have to write this but I encountered a problem. Installed mavericks using Unibest/Maverick method but used a Clover usb to boot into clover making changes to the clover usb to test and make sure the system was working okay. I decided to conquer audio reading this and the other forum and it follows as such:

I used audio_alc892-94 patch command to get sound working. It showed a bunch of errors in terminal asked for password then told me to reboot. Now on reboot my screen goes dark, nothing I try works. I am going to reinstall and ask what is the best option for a

P55A-UD3 Motherboard (Rev.2) ALC892 Audio with the 6 ports in the back? Will I have to use multibeast in order to get sound working? Or can I use your patch command to get it working? I will hold off on audio until i hear from you. Thank you in advance.

I will try the DSDT way and post my results. Thank you for the support you provide us.

Okay so I patched my DSDT with the information provided and I checked in IORegistryExplorer which shows up properly. But for some reason I still don't have sound. Now maybe I don't understand exactly what I am suppose to be doing. I am under the assumption that if I patch the DSDT I can keep my system Vanilla and not have to install any addition kext. Am I mistaken?

Hi Toleda,

1) I installed Mavericks 10.9.4 successfully, however I don't get any audio.

I have used a DSDT from my ML install on the same system.
I used Multibeast 6.4 to use the DSDT option. I also correctly selected the Audio driver ( Realtek ALC888b Current), which I had used successfully for my ML install.

2) System Details:
Mavericks 10.9.4
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo ver 2.0
CPU: 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Q8300
GRAPHICS: NVIDIA GeForce 210 1024 MB

View attachment Mavericks Audio.zip

I got a kernel panic com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform.
dsdt/HDEF/layout-id is not correct; edit to 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 or see How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF v2
KP is not an audio problem. Extra/DSDT.aml (compiled binary ~ 50 KB)
If you installed Extra/DSDT.dsl (text file > 250KB), KP every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back