Contribute
Register

Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
sDo you think I could be trying to use one of the incorrect instances of the audio driver?

I do see that I have two or three posible Hdef ?? listed @1B @3 and @0,1
Again, audio is working. Use the exact settings in Post #1/II. No Sound. Reply with the result for each setting/audio port/audio device.

Layout 1 is correct. You have 3 audio codecs and the enabler found all 3; onboard is HDEF@1B.

Again, audio is working. Use the exact settings in Post #1/II. No Sound. Reply with the result for each setting/audio port/audio device.

Layout 1 is correct. You have 3 audio codecs and the enabler found all 3; onboard is HDEF@1B.

very odd... I have followed post#1/II and still get nothing... just to make sure I didn't have some strange problem with the os.. I connected via BT to my jambox and sound started instantly... disconnected and went back to green port output to speakers and selected Sys/pref/sound ->output = internal speakers as instructed in post #1 and still nothing...

disconnected the speakers from green port and glugged directly into my phone and was able to play just fine.. I will see if I can find another pair of speakers to test with...

the worst part about this.. I had sound working on this when I first built it... only change was to add a video card...

1. Description of Audio Problem :
I am Using a GA-Z87X-D3H with intel HD 4600 graphics. My processor is i5-4440.
As these were both in the customac-guide as somewhat natively supported i tried installing with Multibeast Realtek ALC892 Audio codec along with the AppleHDA.kext.
This added HDAenabler1.kext to /S/L/E but with no audio to see in preferences - only two unidentified Intel devices to se in system profiler.

After reinstalling with multi beast, reinstalling OS X, trying to install with DSDT, I ended up nowhere. Still the same unidentifiable devices in system profiler.
After year another reinstall of OSX, i tried patching TOLEDAS info.plist(ALC982 into my appleHDA manually.
This has resulted in me now being able to see the 892 device as installed in system profiler, alongside another yet undefined Intel device. I manually installed HDAEnabler=1 with multi beast, and with kext wizard - same result.
I can see the audio codec in DPCIManager.

Where to go from here? Plz any input will do. This is my first build and i don’t what to try next.

Here is all the info :

1. MAC OS X 10.9.2 / GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-D3H / UEFI BIOS 7/ Intel i5-4440/ Onboard Intel HD4600 Graphics
2. Kext patching/ kext install / Realtek ALC AppleHDA.kext installation / AppleHDA version ? ?
3. Don´t have any.
4.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hnDpDeS1GkaHhzM2JxZWpKM2M/edit?usp=sharing

6. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hnDpDeS1GkUGotbE9nRmlnakU/edit?usp=sharing

Chamelon plist: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7hnDpDeS1GkWUZyeU1tYjhHMm8/edit?usp=sharing

As these were both in the customac-guide as somewhat natively supported i tried installing with Multibeast Realtek ALC892 Audio codec along with the AppleHDA.kext.
No idea what that means. MultiBeast audio is one step:
MultiBeast 6.2 or newer - Select: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Without DSDT √ ALC892.
reply with new IOReg.

So I Dont Know But My Layout-ID Is <01 00 00 00> Which Is Right But Then My Audio Codec Is Empty So I Dont Know What To Do Also I Have To Boot With -x Or The System Wont Start So Can You Help Me Please? Also If I Boot Without -x It Hangs At Some BlueTooth Missing But Yeah Thanks And Replay Soon

Folks,

I tried to set up ALC898 audio configuration with config.plist in Clover's EFI filesystem. It still displayed "No output devices found" and "No input devices found" in Preferences/Sound. I followed Toleda's Clover ALC instructions. Look at my attached files.

Thanks,
Sword7

Attachments

• GA-Z87X-UD7-TH.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
Hi, I keep thinking I have solved this problem but somehow it keeps coming back. My MB is Z87X-UD5H. I installed ALC898 and HDAEnabler - First with Multibeast 6.01 when I installed Mavericks 10.9.1 and then with Multibeast 6.2.1 when I upgraded to 10.9.2. I have tried various downgrades to older versions when my audio starts to go bad and it works for a few days and then comes back - very strange.

Basically audio drops out for a second or so every few seconds.

I have attached the IOREG file here: View attachment MAC1.zip

I would really appreciate some help to solve this once and for all.

Thanks
bP

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    846.3 KB · Views: 61
  • config.plist
    3.6 KB · Views: 245
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back