Contribute
Register

Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me clarify. There is only a boot problem when I use MultiBeast to enable sound. I have run MultiBeast for everything but the sound and I am able to boot just fine.

There is only a boot problem when I use MultiBeast to enable sound.
Not aware of a single instance where a MultiBeast/ALCxxx selection caused a boot problem.
Details? Screen shots? Console? IOReg? -v?

I'm sure it's an isolated incident. When I ran MultiBeast I selected the bare minimum for my system, and the restarted. I got hung up at the Apple Boot screen with the spinning icon. I reinstalled Mavericks and tried again, this time I did everything step by step, and it got hung up on the boot screen again after doing the Audio install.

I remember using the "-v" command and the screen said "something" didn't respond (or something to that effect) and it would try again, it did that several times and then would just do nothing. So I would reboot, reinstall Mavericks and start all over again.

I looked at Console and didn't see the error message from above. I really wish I could give you more....without having to recreate the problem!

Thank you for your patience, and sorry for my lack of knowledge!

I got hung up at the Apple Boot screen with the spinning icon.
An audio problem boots with the result of no audio. The Apple spinning icon is a graphics problem. Post in the Installation or Graphics Forum.

Since I update from 10.9 to 10.9.2 my audio stop working, I try to follow all the logic chronology of this post but I don't know if I'm doing it right. I don't remember how I made, but audio was working, after update audio stop working. I try to reinstall it via multibeast, but nothing happened. Asking for help here, trying to answer all the question in the post:

Audio success questions (1 correct answer for each question)

What Codec? ALC887, saw it in the ASUS site motherboard specs
Which Audio ID? 1, saw it in about this mac, more information, under hardware, audio
What Injection? I don't know, I used MultiBeast 6.2 with no dsdt, I have an ASUS P8Z68V-LX

Remove npci=0x3000 from Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist = no npci=0x3000 in Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext version = 2.6.0-toledaALC887

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B/AppleHDAController@1B/IOHDACodecDevice@1B,0 = IOHDACodec+Address=0x0 +RevisionID=0x100302 +VendorID=0x10ec0887

layout-id, Data, <01 00 00 00>

Problem Reporting
1. update to 10.9.2 from 10.9 = no more audio
2. 10.9.2/P8Z68V-LX/don't know the bios version/i5-2500k/AMD Radeon HD 6xxx
3. I used the guide in the site (multibeast)
4. see attached files
5. 2.6.0-toledaALC887
6. not present

can someone help me?

Attachments

• IoJones.iojones
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
  • IoRegistryExplorer.ioreg
    3.9 MB · Views: 113
Thank you toleda for the answer, let's try to understand why there is no sound:

Problem Reporting
1. update to 10.9.2 from 10.9 = no sound
2. 10.9.2/P8Z68V-LX/don't know the bios version/i5-2500k/AMD Radeon HD 6xxx
3. I used the guide in the site (multibeast)
4. see attached files
5. 2.6.0-toledaALC887
6. not present
7. 31/03/2014 01:56:06,000 kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAFunctionGroup al line 1042 (see attached log)
8.1 See attached screenshot.png (why 888????)
8.2 See attached screenshot2.png
9.1 See attached or.chameleon.Boot.plist
9.2 See attached boot log.log
9.3-9.4 not present
10. no Clover installed

hope I have attached all the needed file, and thank you in advance for your time.

Snow.

Attachments

• sound assertion.log
    86 bytes · Views: 134
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 133
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 107
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    574 bytes · Views: 246
  • boot log.log
    13.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IoJones.iojones
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
  • IoRegistryExplorer.ioreg
    3.9 MB · Views: 115
let's try to understand why there is no sound:
Everything attached says sound is working. Test Post #1/No Sound/Audio Outputs/Headphones with iTunes. Reply with screen shot of SystemPreferences/Sound/Output and a new IOReg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back