Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

The .edited.aml file is the result of removing
the 'extra' speed state indicated elsewhere in this thread.

Now the real question is: Why would the SSDT cause Time Machine to see a 'High Thermal State'?
Not recommended. Removing states is a bad idea. The edited .aml is not correct.
What temps (IPG or HWM) are showing with the non edited ssdt.

It looks to me like the 3570k has some XCPM issues, especially with clover. I have it working, but it took me a while.:banghead:

be sure that:
-AppleLPC.kext is loaded
-use -w 3 for SSDT generator
-use -xcpm flag

if XCPM is loading then that is a good start. Missing states can be remedied.

also test sleep.

**EDIT**
SORRY MY BAD 3570K

UGH! Sorry about that, and for taking so long to check back. My System is stable, but every once in a while it will not wake from sleep. (turns on, but no gfx, no networking, no usb) Does anyone else have a different experience with 3570K/Cover/XCPM?

UGH! Sorry about that, and for taking so long to check back. My System is stable, but every once in a while it will not wake from sleep. (turns on, but no gfx, no networking, no usb) Does anyone else have a different experience with 3570K/Cover/XCPM?

I have exact the same setup, but I have this error message:

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]imac:pm madman$ cat /var/log/system.log | grep "XCPM"[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]May 28 01:52:04 localhost kernel[0]: XCPM: registered[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]May 28 01:52:25 imac kernel[0]: IOPPF: XCPM mode[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]May 28 01:52:25 imac kernel[0]: XCPM: P-state table mismatch (error:0x12)[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]May 28 01:52:25 imac kernel[0]: X86PlatformShim::sendPStates - pmCPUControl (XCPMIO_SETPSTATETABLE) returned 0x12[/FONT]

I still have CPU Low Frequency Mode.............: 1600 MHz

Oh and AICPUPMI logging should always be done with logIGPStyle set to FALSE otherwise is serves no purpose. At least not for debugging problems.

Why is this value set to TRUE in the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext attached in post #1 then? Should it not be?

The first turbo ratio should be set to 36, manually, because 'Auto' is still not functioning properly. Look here:

MSR_TURBO_RATIO_LIMIT......(0x1AD) : 0x27272727

With that even a single core will run at 3.9 GHz. Not good for power management.

I tried this on my 4770K. I set Uncore back to 35/Auto. I then set Turbo ratios to 39, 39, 38, 37 (1, 2, 3, 4 cores respectfully). I chose these values since they're the defaults for the 4770K vs the 4670K you were originally referencing. See attached IPG; not the same result I got when manually setting Uncore, a little worse. Let me know what else I can provide to help.

Also, can you elaborate on your recent post here? Should we now be manually setting the bios settings as you've described? Thanks.

ipg-turbos.jpg

Why is this value set to TRUE in the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext attached in post #1 then? Should it not be?
Title of thread, Native CPU/IGPU Power Management. I set to True for IGPU PM confirmation. Users should remove AICPUPMI.kext when satisfied CPU/IGPU PM is working.

Title of thread, Native CPU/IGPU Power Management. I set to True for IGPU PM confirmation. Users should remove AICPUPMI.kext when satisfied CPU/IGPU PM is working.

I believe you're referring to the logIGPU key. Which yes, I understand why it is set to True.

I believe Pike is referring to the IPGStyle key, which is the key I was asking about.

I feel like you're getting irritated with all my questions/concerns. I'm just trying to understand like everyone else, and help some along the way.

You have a 3.5GHz processor and thus you should use that and nothing else. Also. The first turbo ratio should be set to 36, manually, because 'Auto' is still not functioning properly. Look here:

MSR_TURBO_RATIO_LIMIT......(0x1AD) : 0x27272727

With that even a single core will run at 3.9 GHz. Not good for power management.

Oh and AICPUPMI logging should always be done with logIGPStyle set to FALSE otherwise is serves no purpose. At least not for debugging problems.

I applied those changes (and logIGPStyle to false). Now I see fewer P-States in log file.
I'm attaching console output and screenshots

What else could I try?

ipgm.pngpict1.jpgpict2.jpg

Attachments

• AICPUPMI.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 129
  • SSDT.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 111
Back