Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Hey guys I have a question i have been reading i understand pretty much whats involve but I'm not understanding why my x86PlatformPlugin.kext in the resources I'm not getting anything from my understanding i should have board ids in that folder. i do all the steps listed here but when i go to restart it just hangs in the apple logo loading but never loads. i can't post my ioreg since after i insatll the ssdt in my extra folder it never loads have to remove to load into system

I'm not understanding why my x86PlatformPlugin.kext in the resources I'm not getting anything from my understanding i should have board ids in that folder.
i can't post my ioreg since after i insatll the ssdt in my extra folder it never loads have to remove to load into system
The files are hidden. No idea what is wrong with nothing attached.

Ok sorry now I'm getting a kernel panic still won't boot but now have something to attach

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 231
  1. My underlying concern is with the Intel Power Gadget. It's my understanding that this new tool will display the proper Power/Frequency/Temperature. However after monitoring, the frequency isn't dipping below 3.5 GHz. And as you mentioned, HWMonitor isn't displaying proper states either. So now I'm concerned I'm not getting proper power management. Is this the case, or just buggy Intel Power Gadget software?
  2. OS X 10.9.2 / Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H / F9 BIOS / i7-4770K (4.5 OC) / GTX 760
  3. Installed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext. Rebooted. Modified org.chameleon.Boot.plist. Created custom SSDT.aml and placed in /Extra directory. Rebooted.
  4. View attachment IOReg.ioreg
  5. View attachment AICPUPMI.txt
  6. Intel Power Gadget.jpg
  7. View attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    View attachment SSDT.aml

Thanks is advance.

No PM. Post #1/Requirements/2. Stock Clock/1. Verify
Set BIOS to Optimized Defaults/SSDT is fine.
Reply with same information.

From OP:

Requirements

1. OS X/10.9.2 or newer
    1. Desktop/Laptop only
    2. Server, see Guide: Asus X79 OS X Controlled SpeedStep
  2. Stock Clock
    1. Verify
    2. OC, use ./ssdtPRGen.sh -f freq flag
=============================================================

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding, but in your requirements you're stating that if OC, use ./ssdetPRGen.sh -f freq flag. Is this not the case? Are OC's not supported?

In any case, I've done what you've asked. I've set the BIOS to Optimized Defaults and put the clock frequency back to stock. Here are the updated attachments. PM still seems to be missing.

View attachment IORegStock.ioreg

View attachment AICPUPMI-stock.txt

Intel Power Gadget Stock.jpg

View attachment SSDT.aml

Ok sorry now I'm getting a kernel panic still won't boot but now have something to attach

Did you remove C and P state keys from org.chameleon.boot.plist? You have to.

Is this not the case? Are OC's not supported?

In any case, I've done what you've asked. I've set the BIOS to Optimized Defaults and put the clock frequency back to stock. Here are the updated attachments. PM still seems to be missing.
No, it says verify PM with stock clock. When PM works, then OC, if desired.
OS is ready. BIOS is set wrong, stuck in turbo.

1. i have not all the cpu multipliers enabled as toledo's guide screenshot
2. 10.9.2/z87x ud4h/f9 latest/4770k/hd4600 + gtx780ti
3. bios set to default and then clean install with latest multibeast and userdsdt (dsdt patched with palm z87 ud4h repos)

same situation without dsdt
strange thing: with pikersalpha (12.8) script 4770k is seen as 0x701 instead of 0x705 as toleda's screenshot

Attachments

• ioreg imac14,2.ioreg
    4.6 MB · Views: 237
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    670 bytes · Views: 391
  • DSDT.aml
    49.3 KB · Views: 225
  • SSDT.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 254
  • AICPUPMI.txt
    34.5 KB · Views: 231
  • intel power gadget.png