Post #1,
"Prepare ssdt
6. The script uses the installed processor

• For Desktop/Ivy Bridge/Core i-3xxx (Note 3)"
That note applies to your i7-3770K.
"Note

1. ...
  2. ...
  3. Desktop/Ivy Bridge/Core i-3xxx (i.e., i7-3770K)
    1. Use ./ssdtPRGen.sh -w 3"

Post #1,
"Prepare ssdt
6. The script uses the installed processor

• For Desktop/Ivy Bridge/Core i-3xxx (Note 3)"
That note applies to your i7-3770K.
"Note

1. ...
  2. ...
  3. Desktop/Ivy Bridge/Core i-3xxx (i.e., i7-3770K)
    1. Use ./ssdtPRGen.sh -w 3"

Thanks Toleda
That did it
I used this command -turbo 4200 -t 72 -w 3

SSDT.png

Lowered the tdp from 77 watt to 72 watt with only a minimum drop in GB score and aprox. 4 degree drop in temperature.
(this is only for 3770K)

Skærmbillede 2014-04-03 kl. 16.15.30.png

:) :thumbup:

What about i7 4770 ?

shouldnt differ much from the "k" version except the locked OC ability.

Toleda,

This is an excellent overview, but I have one problem and that is the images are way too small. I cannot read them. If I try to enlarge them they become far too blurry to read.

It would be nice if you could do something to fix that for us old folk with seeing difficulty.

View attachment ssdt.aml

Here is a stock one I made for Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz if anyone wants to use it on 10.9.2 with an iMac13,2 system definition.

1st generation Core i is the same as Sandy Bridge (2nd generation Core i), except, use the native ssdt. Note, the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext and Intel Power Gadget will not work for 1st generation Core i processors, use IOReg.

bootloader: Generate CPU States=Yes or Generate C States = Yes, Generate P States = Yes
smbios: macbookpro6 or imac11

Toleda,

Apology for my newbie to IOReg. But I'm totally blank what/how to do for 1st generation Core i. From your
quote, the kext, Power Gadget and also the script are not support. Your instruction to "use IOReg". I really don't know what to do with IOReg. Can you please explain a bit more on this ?

Back