Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Hi Toleda,

I am assuming this guide is good up to El Captian or Yosemite? Do you have any update for the Skylake Processor or would this guide be good enough for that as well? Thanks

Hi Toleda,

Is it okay to use this guide with MacOs Sierra?

I previously completed the steps and got my native Pm working on 10.10.5 and I have never upgraded since. I hope to follow the same steps as before but I am noticing the new tools require Xcode.app to be installed. On my 10.12 install I cannot login to the App store to download Xcode as it says my system cannot be verified.

Is there something really obvious that I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I solved the verification issue my reseting my network devices to be in order and no gaps e.g. en0, en1

Last edited:
Hey Toleda, so I have done a baseline and 1st attempt. I can tell that power management isn't working , turbo isn't fully there and iGPU is locked in the power gadget.

my old tube used to go as far as 39 and the temperature is about 12 degrees hotter.

I have seen that xcpm is not available anymore for 10.12. Apparently Apple have removed the flag. I have seen a few other using different parameters when generating the SSDT. I will try a second time and report my findings.

Can you confirm my findings are correct?

Problem Reporting

1. 1st attempt
  2. OS X 10.12/Z68mx-ud2h-b3/UEFI U1e/i7-3770/HD4000
  3. Ivy Bridge/HD4000 (Core i3/5/7 3xxx, 3rd Generation)
  4. Copy of IORegistryExplorer -attached
  5. Copy of AICPUPMI/Terminal -does not return anything is this redundant now that we are using AppleIntelInfo.kext
  6. Copy Of Console/All Messages (last boot)
    1. Console has changed in 10.12. attached “system.log” all messages
  7. Screenshot of Intel Power Gadget - attached
  8. Clover
    1. EFI/CLOVER/config.plist -attached
    2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log -attached
    3. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml -attached
    4. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched/ssdt.aml - attached

Attachments

• 1st attempt.zip
    927.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Baseline.zip
    903 KB · Views: 137
have seen that xcpm is not available anymore for 10.12
That is the problem, Ivy Bridge/x86PlatformPlugin is supported/required in 10.12
No ssdt in Baseline folder
1st attempt: SSDT/plugin-type missing
Download latest ssdtPRGen, make new ssdt

Back