Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

IOReg/.../CPU0@0/.../ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/AICPMVers/0x1240105 is missing. Do not know why.
Consider a clean install.

I did the clean install. Probably not working but sending my report.

View attachment report.zip

I am not able to get result from cat /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI:"

First off, I've successfully patched my Bios ROM and installed it. I've followed your guide in this article, but I'm still not getting proper PM. I get multiple P-states but the problems I'm having are:

1. System immediately wakes up after sleep.
2. No XCPM when I search Console
3. No X86PlatformPlugin in IOReg

If I can make this work, then I will jump to the next stage which is PM after overclocking (That's for another day!)

All PM reports are attached. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

My system:
- ASUS p8z68-v lx mobo
- Intel Core i7-2600K "Sandy Bridge"
- OS X 10.10.5
- SMBIOS MacPro 3,1

Attachments

• PM reports.zip
    766 KB · Views: 115
Hi. I'm having trouble getting my full Native PM working under Mavericks. The build is in my sig and here's a Link to full build documentation (with all the initial issues FWIW). Mobo Rev. is 2.1 and BIOS version is F9. BIOS settings are "Optimized Defaults" + "Disable VT-d" and "Disable IGPU"

I've installed the 9series LPC SSDT(-1) and it patches via Clover. However currently I'm struggling to get the CPU SSDT(-0) created with ssdtPRGen working. On the Clover bootlog it says "...wrong table" when patching it. Tried creating the SSDT twice already, same result, the SSDT won't patch (on a side note I had to move the ssdtPRGen.sh 0.9 to the ~/library/ssdtPRGen to get the Data for Haswell since the scrip was was looking for the /Data at the same folder it was running from).

After I installed 9series LPC SSDT cat /var/log/system.log | grep "AICPUPMI:" gives me nothing. The attached AICPUPMI is before I installed the LPC SSDT and shows missing CPU P-states. I believe the reason why it shows only single IGPU P-state is because I've disabled the IGPU from BIOS (cannot get the system boot when enabled). Hope it's not a deal breaker, I'm merely interested in getting the CPU PM work so I can OC with a tweaked SSDT (already have a stable profile working in Win7, shuts down on 10.9.5 when stressed).

X86platformplugin doesn't show up in IOReg, "Kernel: XCPM: registered" shows up in console but "IOPPF: XCPM mode" does not. I took the Intel Power Gadget screenshot after I had opened and closed a program.

Attachments

• Power Gadget Screenshot.png
    Power Gadget Screenshot.png
    155.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Console Boot Log.log
    186.9 KB · Views: 113
  • config.plist
    4.4 KB · Views: 152
  • bootlog.log.txt
    18.6 KB · Views: 183
  • AICPUPMI2.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 149