Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

PM is not configured properly for Sandy Bridge; IOReg/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/AICPMVers is missing. See Post #1.

I have "Number 0x1240105" under AppleACPIPlatformExpert/CPU0@0/AppleACPICPU/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin/AICPMVers

What are the BIOS settings for Turbo of each processor?

Sorry I've been really long to reply, life was crazy this month :)

I haven't changed those settings, so it's "out of the box". Are those the settings you asked for ?

15070210.jpg

In cas this could help too :

15070211.jpg

Thanks !

Yes, did you select "BIOS/Optimized Defaults"?

yep, my BIOS settings were set "optimised default", and then "vt-d" and "x.m.p. profile 1" and "wake up on LAN" deactivated. Added 3 setups : "mode xhci = auto" and "EHCI Hand-off - enabled" that seems to better recognize USB 3, "intel graphic = disabled" because I have my Nvidia card and it seems this could possibly mess up with integrated video.

[edit] is the fact that I use iMac 14,1 while having a graphic card, instead of iMac 14,2 sysdef can be rellevant to this ? I thought not, but can be wrong, as I've just read Stork saying that you recommand 14,2 for graphic card system ...

Last edited:
Toleda,
I have a Hackintosh (2500k/Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 f9) overclocked to 4.4 that was working well on Mountain Lion.
I decided to wipe the boot drive and install 10.9.5 fresh on it. Had some issues but eventually did get Mavericks to install.
The problem is I get kernel panics when when I run it at it's 4.4 overclock settings. I get no kernel panics when when running at stock speed. There's nothing wrong with the overclock settings. It ran just fine under Mountain Lion and Win 7. I'm using the correct DSDT (f9) and I've tried a bunch of multibeast settings but nothing has solved this. I think if I use the Null CPU Power option that might solve it but then speed step won't be able change speeds as needed. Do I have any other choices besides using CPU Null Power in multibeast to resolve this?? Thanks for any suggestions.

TIA,
jb

Back