CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm attempting a new build for my dad and I was not able to find Mavericks after signing into the App Store with his account info. I found Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion and Yosemite - but no trace of Mavericks whatsoever.

I attempted to sign in multiple times while using different computers running various OS's (10.6.8 all the way up to 10.8.5) with no luck at all. :banghead:

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Update: when I logged into the app store with one of my accounts - I was able to see Mavericks listed under purchases.

The problem is, that I would like to download Mavericks while logged into his account, but there does not seem to be anyway to find it since it is yet to be 'purchased' (I know it was a free upgrade, and once downloaded shows up as a purchase).

Have you tried switching your App Store location - I see Mavericks here in the UK

Martin

^ Hi and thanks for your timely reply!

I went to the 'view account', changed the country to 'United Kingdom' but was still unsuccessful in finding Mavericks.

I attached the following screenshot to document the result of my search:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 3.31.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-12 at 3.31.58 PM.png
    181.5 KB · Views: 146
I tried a straight search as you have done and it's not returned as a result here either. However, if I check under purchases it's there available as download

Martin

Yes that is the same in my case; when logging into my App Store account I see it as a downloadable purchase.. I was just hoping there is still a way in which Mavericks can be found and downloaded while logged in with another account.

It looks like according to this, Apple had pulled Mavericks from the store and has only made it available to those who have previously 'purchased' it: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6667416

No biggie I suppose - I'll just use the version I downloaded from my account. In the past I insisted that those interested in builds must purchased a copy of Mountain Lion so that everything is legit..

I guess in the case of a free OS that may not be the case?

Cheers!

Yes that is the same in my case; when logging into my App Store account I see it as a downloadable purchase.. I was just hoping there is still a way in which Mavericks can be found and downloaded while logged in with another account.

It looks like according to this, Apple had pulled Mavericks from the store and has only made it available to those who have previously 'purchased' it: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6667416

No biggie I suppose - I'll just use the version I downloaded from my account. In the past I insisted that those interested in builds must purchased a copy of Mountain Lion so that everything is legit..

I guess in the case of a free OS that may not be the case?

Cheers!
You can contact Apple and request Mavericks using your dad's account. They will send you a link and a code via his email for you to download it.

^ Great - thanks for the heads up!

My Dad ended up calling Apple and they said it that they pulled it from the App Store. My dad replied that 80% of his audio programs don't support Yosemite and the guy on the other end of the call basically shrugged it off :evil:

My dad also tried the support via online chat and pretty much got the same answer.

Oh well at least I got to find this out for all my other DIY enthusiasts; it looks I'll just use my copy of Mavericks moving forward..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back