Register

Mavericks installed but with bluetooth issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have changed (deleted) the following
tow USB kexts from /System/Library/Extentions
IOUSBFamily.kext (675.4.0)
IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext (3.6.0)
and moved them to /Library/Extentions (as KextBeast puts them into the /System/Library/Extentions library)

That didn't work for me. I just got errors saying the extensions were not installed properly.

Install those two kexts back with MultiBeast and reboot, if you have Clover installed, select (not the default drive with your OS BUT)
the one EFI or UEFI Clover partition to be booted -in a few seconds the screen refreshes-,
then select and boot the drive where you have MacOSx installed,
this way the kernel kext cache should be loaded, all together with the kexts mentioned.
You should be able to notice that the booting process takes a bit longer, hope that way will work.

Yes!!! Thank you, removing the Intel Wireless card worked for me too.

I had also done the removal (after backup!!) of the /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and the DPCIManager-assisted cache rebuild, AND moved the dongle to a USB3 port, but none of that fixed it, not singly nor altogether.

Removing the Intel wireless adapter did the trick, finally.

Well, I don't know how much the other stuff contributed, if at all.

I just did a fresh install of 10.9 using a GA-H87N-WIFI motherboard and I couldn't get the IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter to work. I tried everything and got so frustrated I removed the Intel 7260HMW Mini PCI Express Adapter from the motherboard.

Bluetooth Explorer showed it as active and I figured the system was trying to use the 7260HMW instead of the GBU521

This fixed it and now my IOGEAR GBU521 works!!!!

All you have to do is remove the one screw holding in the 7260HMW and pop off the two antennas.

Yes!!! Thank you, that worked for me too.

I had also done the removal (after backup!!) of the /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist and the DPCIManager-assisted cache rebuild, AND moved the dongle to a USB3 port, but none of that fixed it, not singly nor altogether.

Removing the Intel wireless adapter did the trick, finally.

Well, I don't know how much the other stuff contributed, if at all.

No guarantee this will work but I resolved issues with my Bluetooth this way.

Try rebooting with UseKernelCache=No

and see if it helps.

If not try also removing the devices from Bluetooth preferences, putting them in afresh and reboot with with UseKernelCache=No.

The other thing that helped my Bluetooth functionality was attaching it to one of the Intel USB 3.0/2.0 ports on my Z77X-UD5H

edited to add
afterwards return to UseKernelCache=Yes (assuming you were using that in the first place).

This was needed in my setup ! thanks for the tip even though this is an old thread

The problem occurs with a new Mavericks install; Mavericks uses AppleUSBXHCI.kext for USB and ML uses AppleUSBEHCI.kext. Without a rebuild of cache, the OS is looking for the USB device in the wrong place.

Easy way: DPCIManager/Rebuild Cache
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dpcimanager/

I know this is quite old but I ran into this post earlier today. I couldn't get GBU 521 working with mavericks so I followed this instruction, downloaded the software, and used it to try rebuilding the cache. My machine froze and now won't boot... I'm trying to restore via my USB and running the proper multibeast settings but it keeps telling me the installation failed (6.5.1).

Any suggestions or ideas on getting up and running again?

Thanks!

P.S. - here is where it fails in the multibeast.log:

Install of 'Intel-9-Series-AppleHDA-Patch' failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back