GeForce GTX 560M 3072 MB(1920x1080)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has Mavericks installed and working on an Asus G74SX. I could really use some help getting mines working. Thank You.

Thanks for the response. I havent found anything specific though on this particular laptop. On top of that i am not the most tech savvy person so i know i probably need a little extra assistance.

Thanks for the response. I havent found anything specific though on this particular laptop. On top of that i am not the most tech savvy person so i know i probably need a little extra assistance.

When I do a search in that forum with 'G74SX', I see plenty of results.

None of them are specific though, and they are mostly for mountain lion with a couple of people mentioning they got Mavericks to work but dont mention how.

None of them are specific though, and they are mostly for mountain lion with a couple of people mentioning they got Mavericks to work but dont mention how.

All of the results, some of them very recent, are for Mavericks if you search in the Mavericks Laptop Support thread.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?searchid=1863487

Read as much as you can, then try on your own. When you run into trouble feel free to ask specific questions.

You should not expect a complete, detailed guide to appear before you.

I understand, i will continue to try. I only ask cause that was the only i managed to get mountain lion installed. There was a complete guide with kext files and all. Thanks Anyway.

I understand, i will continue to try. I only ask cause that was the only i managed to get mountain lion installed. There was a complete guide with kext files and all. Thanks Anyway.

Yes, give it a try and report back when you're blocked on a specific issue. There is a lot of information available for Sandy Bridge/HD3000 laptops.

I installed Mavericks on Asus G74sx (same your model with 3GB) with the mountain lion kexts and DSDT and everything works except the Bluetooth. And if you further interested I also installed RehabMan's multi boot (win7,win8,ubuntu and Mavericks(Instead of Mountain Lion). Runs perfectly.Give it a try.

https://racerrehabman.wordpress.com...indows-8-mac-os-x-lion-and-ubuntu-multi-boot/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back