Contribute
Register

Mavericks install on GA-Z77-DS3H w/GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I have the same board and discrete 650Ti Boost card. When I boot without DSDT everything works, without the descrete HDMI Audio, which I unfortunately need. My gfx performance also appears sluggish.

I extracted my DSDT with maciASL and patched it with the Z77-DS3H patch. Compiled and put it in into the /patched folder. Fixed permissions of the file. When I reboot I get KP.

Tried again with patching DSDT. This time I applied my mobo patch+UEFI clean install patch from Toleda. Result is the same.

Tried again with patching. This time I installed also nvidia Audio patch, again from Toleda. No luck.

I am only able to boot if I remove the patched DSDT file.

Attachments

• IMG_2654.jpg
    IMG_2654.jpg
    524.7 KB · Views: 335
Hi,
I have the same board and discrete 650Ti Boost card. When I boot without DSDT everything works, without the descrete HDMI Audio, which I unfortunately need. My gfx performance also appears sluggish.

I extracted my DSDT with maciASL and patched it with the Z77-DS3H patch. Compiled and put it in into the /patched folder. Fixed permissions of the file. When I reboot I get KP.

Tried again with patching DSDT. This time I applied my mobo patch+UEFI clean install patch from Toleda. Result is the same.

Tried again with patching. This time I installed also nvidia Audio patch, again from Toleda. No luck.

I am only able to boot if I remove the patched DSDT file.

Can you upload your config.plist file? Also what UEFI64 drivers did you install with Clover? This looks like possibly you do not have your config.plist set to name your DSDT.aml and you may have conflicting Clover drivers installed.

run this command in terminal for a clean config.plist: /usr/local/bin/clover-genconfig >config.plist
Then make the adjustments to your DSDT Name string under ACPI directory to make the DSDT Name the same as your DSDT file.

I downloaded lastest Clover today v.2283 and installed it. Then I generated config.plist with the command you posted. Rebooted and went to Desktop. I had no sound at all so I opened the clover Configurator and found out that in DSDT name it was only written "DSD" - that's when I delete some letters in Clover option so I can boot without DSDT when I get KP.

When I rebooted with DSDT.aml, same KP again.

Here is my generated config.plist And the list of my drivers directory

-------------------------

ls -l /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
total 249
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 6080 Nov 3 05:19 DataHubDxe-64.efi
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 31136 Nov 3 05:19 EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 20768 Nov 3 05:19 FSInject-64.efi
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 33920 Nov 3 05:19 OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 5120 Nov 3 05:19 OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 29536 Nov 3 05:19 VBoxHfs-64.efi

--------------------

ls -l /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
total 81
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 41220 Nov 9 12:11 DSDT.aml

Should I change permissions and owner of these files?

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.4 KB · Views: 335
cybersimo,
Your Profile states your using a Laptop. Please use your signature block for listing your other hackintosh systems per the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies - motherboard, processor and graphics method/card manufacture's & model #. By doing so, you'll help us help you better. :thumbup:

I already said I have the same setup as the OP, but with 650Ti Boost video. My profile says notebook, cause I made it when I first posted in the notebook section.

I downloaded lastest Clover today v.2283 and installed it. Then I generated config.plist with the command you posted. Rebooted and went to Desktop. I had no sound at all so I opened the clover Configurator and found out that in DSDT name it was only written "DSD" - that's when I delete some letters in Clover option so I can boot without DSDT when I get KP.

When I rebooted with DSDT.aml, same KP again.

Here is my generated config.plist And the list of my drivers directory

-------------------------

ls -l /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
total 249
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 6080 Nov 3 05:19 DataHubDxe-64.efi
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 31136 Nov 3 05:19 EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 20768 Nov 3 05:19 FSInject-64.efi
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 33920 Nov 3 05:19 OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 5120 Nov 3 05:19 OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 29536 Nov 3 05:19 VBoxHfs-64.efi

--------------------

ls -l /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
total 81
-rwxrwxrwx 1 cybersimo staff 41220 Nov 9 12:11 DSDT.aml

Should I change permissions and owner of these files?

Go into your config.plist and change all the DSDT fixes from yes to no.

Name should be DSDT.aml (or whatever you have it named) like you said,

You should be good to go then

I finally got time to try this today. Removing all DSDT patches from config.plist and using my patched DSDT did work in terms of booting correctly. However I now have only HDMI audio in my Sound Panel. How to restore the internal audio so I can switch between them both?
Maybe I should leave some of the fixes after all?

I finally got time to try this today. Removing all DSDT patches from config.plist and using my patched DSDT did work in terms of booting correctly. However I now have only HDMI audio in my Sound Panel. How to restore the internal audio so I can switch between them both?
Maybe I should leave some of the fixes after all?

No - what audio drivers are you using? If you want to use ALC887 - then load the With DSDT drivers from Multibeast 6.0.0 (ALC887/88b Current not legacy) Or you can go with VooDooHDA 2.8.4 - either way you will get HDMI and on-board built in audio. Make sure if you use ALC887 to delete an HDADisabler kexts in S/L/E.

Good luck

Fantastic read, I have the exact same setup (motherboard & graphics card)

Everything is working fine however the only thing I am having problems with is my HDMI port on the integrated graphics. Just is not getting picked up.

I am using Chimera 2.2.1

Help would be much appreciated :)

Specs:
MB: GA-Z77-DS3H rev 1.1
CPU: i5 3570K OC'd to 4.3 GHz
RAM: 32 GB DDR3 (4x8GB)
Airport Mini PCIe Wifi Card
Logictech Webcam
Apple Magic Mouse, Tack Pad and KB
Apple BT custom made internal USB

Ok so first many thanks to the folks here at TonyMacx86 - MacMan, Tony, Toleda and PJALM - you guys rock!
So start off down load OS X 10.9 from App Store and follow guide for UniBeast install - see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html...

Hi! Please, help me with my Hack!! I have the same config (except GPU - i have GTX 650) I have already ML 10.8.5 installed. After I'm created my Mavericks USB with new UniBeast 3.0.1 - i reboot and try to boot from USB to get installation start. But every time when i trying to boot i got just boot screen with AppleLOGO by 1 sec and immediately restart.
I try to use "boot flags":
- x -v PCIRootUID-1
- x -v PCIRootUID-1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
- x -v PCIRootUID-1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No
- x -v PCIRootUID-1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No npci-0x3000

- x -v PCIRootUID-0
- x -v PCIRootUID-0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes
- x -v PCIRootUID-0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No
- x -v PCIRootUID-0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No npci-0x3000

- x -v PCIRootUID-1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No npci-0x2000

- x -v PCIRootUID-0 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No npci-0x2000

BUT! over and over PC go to restart..

What am I doing wrong?

Thanx for your help!!!

P.S. I'm forgot to say - My monitor connect to GTX 650 (HDMI port). Maybe this is wrong? Maybe i need to connect to HD4000 HDMI and disconnect GTX650 from motherboard during installation

P.S.S Sorry for my English..i'm from Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back