Contribute
Register

Mavericks install on GA-Z77-DS3H w/GT640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it works with 2.0 USB, and internal Sata. That's why i think it must be USB3 driver related. I'm using Paragon NTFS.

test it at 64 bits - you should get 13,000+

Tried with hfs+ disks and same result, the transfer stops even with fresh install... I'm going to try Clover to see if there is any difference.

Based on the published system requirements you should be good. The CPU should be just fine as long as you have a good cooling system.

I am not running Final Cut Pro X but I built a similar system for a buddy and it is working for him. You may want a little higher end GFX as mine is more mid range - all the Call of Duty games work great but if are a serious editor you may want GTX 650 ti Boost or better. Plus my display is an Asus 23' LCD - good but not great.

Good luck!

Thank you!
We have the same hardware GA-Z77-DS3H + GT640, would you please run the LuxMark (only GPU) on Mavericks, and send out the score?
Thank you again!

Thank you!
We have the same hardware GA-Z77-DS3H + GT640, would you please run the LuxMark (only GPU) on Mavericks, and send out the score?
Thank you again!

Here you go 127 - not sure how that fares....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-11-07 at 4.23.43 PM.zip
    390.3 KB · Views: 133
Same result. No option is working, wheter it is HFS+, NTFS, with or without Generic Driver... etc. From the moment it is attached to the USB 3.0 port, huge transfers don't work.

Man I just don't know - mine works great and I'm not using any kext. Can you add a mac journaled partition and see if transfer rate is better? Have you check the read/write speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back