Contribute
Register

Mavericks: HDMI Audio - AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Toleda

Is possible enable the HDMI audio from a graphic card nVidia GTX 550 ti?

The configuration of the hackintosh is

CPU: i5 4670
Motherboard: GA-Z97-HD3 Rev 1.0 BIOS version F4
Graphics card: Discrete: nVidia GTX 550 ti 1024 Mb (acceleration injected by the Clover) / Onboard: disabled
Bootloader: Clover 2916
O.S.: Mac OS X Mavericks 10.9.5
No injection with SSDT or DSDT

The onboard audio is working thanks to your guide posted here https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Thanks in advanced

"Works without onboard audio", means that just I can have HDMI audio or that I can have HDMI audio without activate the onboard audio?
HDMi only or HDMI with supported onboard audio.

OK, so I had HDMI audio working with the VoodooHDA but it was crackling on occasion, so i wanted to try the nVidia path since I have a 670 GTX card and now it should be simple (so I thought).

First when I read the V2 I made sure and took fresh copies of the .kext files it says dont need to be modded and used kext tool to place them, only problem is I cant find NVDAGM100Hal.kext mentioned anywhere, I dont even know if I need it for this, like I said video/audio were working HDMI just some crackling with the Voodoo HDA.

So anyway, as for the listed requirements I have:

1. OS X Mavericks 10.9.5
  2. copied fresh native AppleHDA.kext (copied from the Mavricks 10.9.5 multi)
  3. Intel chipsets: 5 Series and newer, all flavors (Gigabyte P61-USB3-B3 F11 bios) - http://www.gigabyte.com/Products/product-page.aspx?pid=3778#ov
  4. nVidia 670 GTX with 2 GB
  5. ALC889 codecs installed from latest Multi-Beast (this said it modified AppleHDA.kext

Let Kext Utlity do its thing rebuilding cache/permissions etc. then rebooted

Still no sound coming out, you mention modifying DSDT, however I cant find a patch file for a 670 GTX anywhere so maybe I am missing something on the instructions how to patch it?

maybe I am missing something on the instructions how to patch it?
Post #1,
v2 Mavericks HDMI Audio Guides

1. Select the matching processor graphics/motherboard series
  2. AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio installed with every Desktop configuration

Argh, I removed some kexts to try and get my sound back, crackle or no and the system booted and said missing kext, so I copied them back from the shell command line and now it doesnt say they are missing it just boots awhile and stalls. Echoing back anything I type and no HDD activity. Tried -x -v -f even with no luck and booted from my usb and picked the HDD to boot, still stalled.

IMG_4678.jpg

Interesting thing if I unplug/plug the ethernet it tells me the states up/down and after I took the photo above it spit out Resetting IOCatalogue.

Still stalled, im gonna leave it sitting awhile even though no HDD activity light and see. I booted it with -v -x -f -F this time
Any other tips appreciated.

Last edited:
Post #1,
v2 Mavericks HDMI Audio Guides

1. Select the matching processor graphics/motherboard series
  2. AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio installed with every Desktop configuration

Yeah I was going by the PDF for the nVidia on the steps I did.

HDMi only or HDMI with supported onboard audio.

Thanks Toleda

Then I am doing something wrong because the HDMI audio is working super duper but the onboard audio is gone

Let me try first with a fresh install before of search by your help

Thanks in advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back