Contribute
Register

Mavericks Hackintosh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I had the same problem after updating Mavericks to 10.9.5.

I solved it by booting in safe mode with -x and reinstalling "Intel 9 Series HD 4600 Graphics Fix" in Multibeast 6.5.

My motherboard is GA H97-DH3

Hi guys,

I had the same problem after updating Mavericks to 10.9.5.

I solved it by booting in safe mode with -x and reinstalling "Intel 9 Series HD 4600 Graphics Fix" in Multibeast 6.5.

My motherboard is GA H97-DH3

Thanks a lot. I had the same issue today, solved reinstalling also "Intel Graphics for Mixed Configuration"
My motherboard is a GA-Z97N-WIFI

[SOLVED] ->
I was banging my head on the walls but finally an idea comes to mind...
- boot with "-x" (safe boot)
go in Applications folder, locate iTunes, right click on it, select "Show Package Contents", and delete the "Contents" folder.

Now you can reboot, and will work. It worked for me.

Succes!

This is a problem with iTunes support for internal/onboard graphics. iTunes uses the power of the graphics card to decrypt DRM protected music/media. The DRMStatus error comes about when the onboard graphics or your graphics card is not supported for DRM decryption.

The good news is that your system can run OSX if you get this error. The bad news is that this error makes the system needlessly hang at startup.

The solution that worked for me was to purchase an inexpensive graphics card (GeForce GT 640), but any card from the list in the Buyer’s Guide should fix this problem. I also disabled the onboard graphics (in my case Intel HD2500 on an i3 chip) in the BIOS and set the new graphics card to the default video output.

Other people have had success by waiting for newer versions of OSX to support their hardware. For example, HD4000 was not initially supported until apple built systems with these chipsets.
I had this issue and your solution partially solved my problems! I selected my dedicated graphics card and was able to get past the boot screen without hanging, log on, and get to the desk top. But the graphics are a little glitchy and I can't get any programs to work with the internet. If this is a known (possibly related issue) issue, maybe ktexts or drivers missing or something, please advise. If not, I may create a new thread.

-Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x ATX Gaming 5 (rev 1.1)(compatible with 6th and 7th gen. intel processors)
-CPU: Intel Core i7 4.2GHz 7700k
-RAM: Ballistix 2x8GB DDR5
-Drive: 850 Evo SSD 500GB
-PSU: Corsair CS650M
-GPU: EVGA GeForce ATX 1050 SC Gaming 2GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back