Contribute
Register

Mavericks Hackintosh Freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try doing this...
I went ahead and raised the IO Analogue, IO Digital and System Agent voltage, all three by +0,100v.

It's a shame that you have to 1600 and have to use it at 1333. The above was what I did and I've been running a super smooth freeze free machine since July now. Seriously no freezes at all and all I did was that.

Hi I've yours same problems and I've followed the topic suggestions but today I noticed that a freeze just happen when I get a call on my mobile near the computer (after that it happened 3 times!).
I had a freeze in Windows 8.1 in another disk but same computer.
Very very strange!!!

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my build (specs in the signature). I thought this issue might be related to RAM, but now I'm not sure. I took a picture of the kernal panic. It's strange, I've reinstalled this system about 3 times now. I seem to get a solid couple of days right after install, then i get the odd panic on boot for a day, and then by the 4th day it's unusable. If i do manage to get in it freezes/locks up within 10 minutes. This isn't very good considering it's my Pro Tools computer... I kind of need it...

I've tried raising the IO Analog and Digital and the System Agent Voltage by +0.100v, and I even tried disabling the XMP profile so that I'd go from 2400mhz back down to 1333mhz - speed really isn't an issue for me, i just need that stability!! Not to mention there's not that much real world difference between 1333-2400mhz anyway...

Opinions aside, I'm really at a loss. Is this the same kernal panic that others have been having? I really don't know what else to do!

Thanks

Just a note about the picture: 99% of the time it completes the boot procedure (verbose boot), the screen goes white and then fades to user login. I usually log in, have a couple of minutes, then it crashes. At the time of the picture the boot procedure finished, screen went white and then before fading, panicked.

It doesn't always display the text, sometimes it completely freezes before it can tell me what's wrong. Luckily I was able to take a picture this time.

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 260
I didn't but I did get Haswell approved RAM and it was listed on a pdf on the Intel website for my CPU and mobo as a tested combination (at 16GB) so I went and bought it. I didn't work at all.
I realized then that it's a problem of my mobo not pumping enough power to the 4 dimms so I went ahead and raised the IO Analogue, IO Digital and System Agent voltage, all three by +0,100v. That I did for my old memory and the new memory and it worked!! tomorrow is going to be 1 week without freezes.
How do you raise the IO Analogue, IO Digital and System Agent voltage on a GA-H87M-D3H? I don't know where to find it in my BIOS. I am currently using BIOS version F9.

What seems to have fixed this for me, oddly enough, was overclocking my processor. I was having issues when Spotify was running, or certain USB devices were plugged in (especially transferring between drives), and at other random times. It got worse after updating to 10.3 IIRC. But once I OC'd my processor, those issues seemed to go away. I'm not certain they're gone for sure, but I can't recall it happening since then. So perhaps that might be something to try if you can do so.

I have a gigabyte mATX board (can't remember which off the top of my head) and a 4770k. I have it set to 4.3GHz. Mac OS wouldn't load at 4.4 and nothing loaded at 4.5.

It seems that latest Gigabyte MOBOs suffer for freezes or that they are quite "choosy" in fact of RAM. I have made a build with a z97x-ud5h (rev 1.0, latest BIOS F8) with i7 4790 and have the same problem, although the RAM is in the compatibility list (2x8 GB Kingston KVR16N11/8). As many people are having such freezes and Gigabyte boards have always been on top of the buying guides here, I think Tony himself or other crew members of this site should run some test and at least say something...

I followed step by step the BIOS settings guide, installed Yosemite with unibeast method

Got the same problem since a few days... I'm running the hackintosh since a week or two, but strangely enough I didn't encounter the problem the first few days. Really can't remember making any significant changes meanwhile.

The problem does seem to occur more often though when I use the monitor through the display port than when using through DVI. But most of the time it just randomly freezes under totally different circumstances.

Sometimes it freezes when I'm in another room and get back to find the screen frozen. Sometimes it freezes when opening a USB disk. Sometimes it freezes when trying to rename a file... When I attach the monitor on display port it is like every 5 minutes. When I attach it through DVI it's more like once an hour.

Very irritating grr... At least my system is rebooted very fast and all windows are opened just as I left them. If I don't find a fix I'm really considering turning this hack in a windows computer, but I really don't want so :-/.

I am having similar problems. It is almost 100% related to RAM issues. I ran Mavericks with no problem with a slight overclock (4,29Ghz). Now I run stock at 3,5Ghz.

I suggest everybody experiments with their RAM settings so we can find a stable solution.

I run this ram:

Kingston HyperX blu - Memory 16 GB : 2 x 8 GB - DIMM 240-pins - DDR3 - 1600 MHz / PC3-12800 - CL10 - 1.5 V

A lot of the Gigabyte boards have issues with certain types of ram or maybe 4 sticks of ram. See here:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...topic,12563.30.html+&cd=5&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=nl

Right now I lowered the Memory frequency to 1066Mhz, and disabled the XMP profile. I think it runs stable now.

Edit: Yes, it runs stable (for hours now). It is a known problem with some Gigabyte boards. After some searching here are some things you might try:

The problem is not stricty related to Hackintoshes. Windows computers just throw a BSOD, see also:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=668023&postcount=41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back