Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

i recently built a Hackintosh at my Workplace.
MoBo : Gigabyte GA-z87x-OC
CPU: 4770k
Ram: A quad channel kit running at 1600 mhz (4 sticks ; 32 gb)
GPU: Nvidia GTX 770 2gb
Additional PCI: AVID HDX

Soo i built this Hackintosh with Mavericks 10.9.1.

Installation and everything went very smooth, no problems whatsoever.
In the BIOS i changed various settings such as ACHI, IGFX (Something with first PCI-slot or so), Virtualization Turned off.

In Multibeast i checked DSDT-Free, then the Realtek 892 thingy (audio works fine), also IntelApple Networking option (the middle one). Also i enabled TRIM-Support as im currently working with a ssd where im unsure if this feature is available.

Bootloader is 2.2.1

Under customize i additionally checked 1080p display mode.

System Definition is iMac 14,2.

My problem is the following: This Hackintosh is supposed to run as a primary machine with pro tools in a recording studio. But the system will always sorta lock up, freeze as you will (just happened while writing this post). You can't do anything but press the reset button or turn of power. You couldn't possibly use this anywhere near a professional environment.

I was looking up the log files and found this bluetooth problem which also has magically vanished and left nothing behind...

I really, really don't know what to do anymore, especially since this is my first Hackintosh.

So if you have any ideas, or need some additional info that i did not provide, please answer :D

(Excuse my mediocre english, i'm german :D )

I have some thoughts about this. Everyone who has this problem have Intel i217V Ethernet. I personally never tried but what if someone could disable onboard network and use apple usb ethernet adapter of course reverting IONetworking.kext in original state (before MultiBeast).
My board is GA-Z87MX-D3H

Here in Ukraine I've tried to find Apple USB Ethernet Adapter, but none of my friends use Apple products. In any case if this problem don't disappear soon, i will bay one and try. But not now because i'm tight on money. :(

Sooo after countless hours of trial and error I decided to update the BIOS to f7 and everything worked. It was really just a guess as I couldn't find that information anywhere on this page.... The network was fine out of the box (thanks for the guess). I don't know if it caused any problems at all, I don't even know why its working now...

I have some thoughts about this. Everyone who has this problem have Intel i217V Ethernet. I personally never tried but what if someone could disable onboard network and use apple usb ethernet adapter of course reverting IONetworking.kext in original state (before MultiBeast).
My board is GA-Z87MX-D3H

Here in Ukraine I've tried to find Apple USB Ethernet Adapter, but none of my friends use Apple products. In any case if this problem don't disappear soon, i will bay one and try. But not now because i'm tight on money. :(

I have realtek ethernet (Gigabyte Z87-DS3H board) and have this problem too.

A small update.
I rechecked all the BIOS settings. I updated the BIOS to the latest BETA f7g. I reinstalled OSX several times from scratch. I tried removing all expansion cards and hdds (except the boot hdd). I tried removing all but one Stick of ram. I tried putting the ram voltage to 1.6v. The often recommended "freezefix.app" is just for the fermi freeze wich i don't have (gtx 770).

The freezing persists, maybe not as often, but it does. I literally tried everything, it must be a problem with the mainboard or something.

Hi i had similar troubles, First check the Ram, remove all Banks and test with 1 Ram Bank occupied. This solved the Problem almost for me.

But i got still frequent lock ups, i checked the timings from the Ram which where to tight. After manual timings for the Ram my system ran fine.

Now i have some rare lockups caused by the backup command .... but it seems that real mac users have similar problems ...

The ram is at the XMP 1 Profile, and yes, all 4 banks are occupied with 8gb sticks.
Now as i previously stated i already tried removing all but one stick, which did not work.

Removing ram is sadly no solution, as we're currently want to use this system in a professional audio-environment, so we really need all the ram we can get (i had pro tools fill up 28 gb of ram lately)

But i'd like to try the thing with the timings, unfortunately i don't really know anything about this. Maybe you could tell me your current settings.

Bildschirmfoto 2014-02-20 um 11.07.29.png
I hope this is the right info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back