Graphics
EVGA Nvidia GT 630 1GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am having a very strange problem when using my GT 630. Whenever I boot using Chimera 2.2.1 I can only boot while having VooDoo 0.2.1 kext installed, and using "-v -f" at startup. But this is a problem because this version of Voodoohda.kext causes crackling in audio. I used 2.7.3 previously but now I get KP's when I try to install it and any other version causes the GPU not to work. I am completely confused. I didn't even think -f worked after lion. Any recommendations? I am open to try anything as I need this graphics card to work for at least another 2-3 months. Thanks in Advance

I am having a very strange problem when using my GT 630. Whenever I boot using Chimera 2.2.1 I can only boot while having VooDoo 0.2.1 kext installed, and using "-v -f" at startup. But this is a problem because this version of Voodoohda.kext causes crackling in audio. I used 2.7.3 previously but now I get KP's when I try to install it and any other version causes the GPU not to work. I am completely confused. I didn't even think -f worked after lion. Any recommendations? I am open to try anything as I need this graphics card to work for at least another 2-3 months. Thanks in Advance

Try a different version of Chimera to see if that helps on your particular build. The latest MultiBeast has v1.11.1, v2.0.1 & v2.1.2 in addition to the version that you are using.
If an audio solution still seems to be a distant hope rather than a working dream then consider a http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/98115-simple-plug-n-play-usb-audio-device-os-x.html
These work regardless of audio chip on the motherboard and use USB audio instead. They work very well and are used as a solution by many. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Okay, I will try a different version of Chimera. Thanks for actually taking the time to help. Also, what does voodoohda.kext have to do with my gpu not working. Now it only works some times with -v -f i just have to get lucky.

Okay, I will try a different version of Chimera. Thanks for actually taking the time to help. Also, what does voodoohda.kext have to do with my gpu not working. Now it only works some times with -v -f i just have to get lucky.

Voodoohda.kext is often used where your motherboard uses unsupported VIA audio chipset. It can be hit and miss as to whether it works. Are you sure it is the correct audio choice for your motherboard? If you have loaded several audio kexts it will not help if you do not delete the old ones and repair permissions before using the next one.

If you have windows then you could download speccy to check your hardware: http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Are you running Mavericks? Having any other problems like USB not working? Are you using a VGA monitor and cable?

Adrian B

I am intact using Mavericks, USB 2.0 and 3.0 work absolutely fine. I am not sure if this is the right kext, I used an application called System Info.app and it showed me which kexts were necessary. I have Intel 2nd gen 6-series chip set. It calls for Voodoohda.kext (0.2.1). However I previously used version 2.7.3 with flawless audio, but after re install I get constant KP's. Also I am not as much worried about audio, I just ordered a mac compatible usb audio card, but my GT 630 from EVGA only will boot some of the time. Other times i go to a black screen where it appears the computer is running still, HDD light is active. I am also having a problem with my SSD saying please reboot and select media, etc.. I tried reformatting it and a new install. It will boot if i choose a disk drive with no disk in it fine though.(sorry for off topic). Thanks in advance for help and thanks for response.
-Cody

bump any recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back