Mavericks & Clover on non UEFI mobo??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-P55A-UD4P
CPU
Graphics
GT 740
I have a Gigabyte P55A-UD4P mobo with an i7 875k overclocked to 3.95 and I'm wanting to install Mavericks via Clover because I was having all kinds of weird issues using the old chimera bootloader that I could never get resolved. Is it a good idea to install Mavericks via Clover on a non UEFI board?? I have the DSDT for my board but I don't have an SSDT for it. Is that necessary?? Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

TIA,
jb

Clover works for all versions of Mac OS - you just have to install it Legacy Mode for any non-UEFI / Legacy BIOS systems like yours. The default Clover installation (using the Clover download from SourceForge) is Legacy mode with the Clover boot folder in the root of the system. You also have the option of installing it in the ESP (EFI partition) and it boots just as well from there.

Clover works for all versions of Mac OS - you just have to install it Legacy Mode for any non-UEFI / Legacy BIOS systems like yours. The default Clover installation (using the Clover download from SourceForge) is Legacy mode with the Clover boot folder in the root of the system. You also have the option of installing it in the ESP (EFI partition) and it boots just as well from there.

Many thanks for the reply. Are a DSDT file and SSDT required?? Is installing it with the ESP (EFI Partition) preferred?? There are quite a few settings in installing Clover and not much info about the correct options to choose when installing on a non UEFI mobo.

Thanks Again,
jb

DSDT is not required, but makes it easier to get full functionality. In Clover boot systems the DSDT should be placed in Clover/ACPI/Patched folder. If you use a DSDT, make sure all of the Clover config.plist DSDT fixes are false or just delete them from Clover config.plist

Thanks for your help. I believe I have Mavericks properly installed on my GA-P55A-UD4P but I have no audio output devices. Is there a guide for enabling audio on my mobo that a clover newb can understand?? I've enabled audio using MultiBeast before but doing the same in Clover seems much more complex. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
jb

Thanks for your help. I believe I have Mavericks properly installed on my GA-P55A-UD4P but I have no audio output devices. Is there a guide for enabling audio on my mobo that a clover newb can understand?? I've enabled audio using MultiBeast before but doing the same in Clover seems much more complex. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
jb
See toleda's guide in the Post Install->Audio forum - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/applehda-realtek-audio-guide.234732/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back