Graphics
8800GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Just getting into this whole hackintosh thing. I installed Mavericks via Clover, then attached my existing Windows drives. On boot, I show the OS X drive and three Windows volumes in the Clover boot menu. I think I ran across the solution for that yesterday, but haven't had a chance to alleviate it so that I can do a true dual boot thing from Clover. But that's not what I need help with at the moment.

Every time I reboot into OS X, the volume names of my Windows (NTFS) volumes have changed. For instance, Data became Data 2 on the next reboot and Data 3 on the next reboot. Since I can access all of the data on the drives, this wasn't a huge deal. Then I noticed that things like PS3 Media Server rely on the Volume names, so it breaks that every time I reboot.

What do I need to look at to fix this?

Thanks,
Sam

I've had this problem, don't know what causes it but this is how I fixed it.

- Show all files first

- Navigate to the root of your OSX drive and look in the folder "volumes"

Here you'll see all your volumes along with the appended (2, 3 etc) volume names, which you don't want. Delete the appended volume names, reboot and you'll be back to normal.

EDIT:

More info here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2474?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

I've had this problem, don't know what causes it but this is how I fixed it.

- Show all files first

- Navigate to the root of your OSX drive and look in the folder "volumes"

Here you'll see all your volumes along with the appended (2, 3 etc) volume names, which you don't want. Delete the appended volume names, reboot and you'll be back to normal.

EDIT:

More info here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2474?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Thanks! I'll give that a shot.

Well, that worked. But it still happens on every reboot. I suspect it's related to the issue I'm having with all three Windows volumes showing up in the Clover boot menu. I'll address that and see if it settles this as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back