Contribute
Register

Mavericks boot is EXTREMELY slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi I finally finished my first hackintosh a few weeks ago.
the problem is, that the boot time is almost 1.5 minutes...:banghead:

I'm currently running Mavericks 10.9.2

My specs are:
Asus Sabertooth x79
intel i7 3930k
Intel 530 240GB SSD
Gigabyte geforce GTX 760 2gb
corsair 32GB ram.

What can I do to speed up my booting? its really annoying !

Wrong forum. This section is for laptops only. You should post in a desktop forum.

I have also experienced really slow boot up for Maverick 10.9.3 and have nailed it down to the 10.9.x TRIM Patch in Multibeast 6.3.0.
So I have a 240GB OCZ SSD, but without the TRIM it boots in about 10 seconds.
With TRIM it take about 3 mins!

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks,

I have also experienced really slow boot up for Maverick 10.9.3 and have nailed it down to the 10.9.x TRIM Patch in Multibeast 6.3.0.

Thanks,

I have the same thing happening on my desktop with 2x Mushkin SSDs. Add TRIM patch (I'm using Clover), and slow boot... remove TRIM patch, boot is fast.

Solution: Don't use the TRIM patch.

Thanks,

or maybe your AHCI is not working proper . Ahci is needed for trim.
my trim is enabler and i have no problem .
my boot from apple logo to desktop is about 3 seconds.

or maybe your AHCI is not working proper . Ahci is needed for trim.
my trim is enabler and i have no problem .
my boot from apple logo to desktop is about 3 seconds.

Trim enabler works on my other laptops. One with Samsung 840 EVO, another with Crucial M4. The problem is device dependent. OS X has TRIM difficulty with certain SSD firmware, thus probably why they put the check for their own SSDs. But it is simple. If your SSD has incompatible firmware regarding TRIM, then don't use a trim enabler.

Trim enabler works on my other laptops. One with Samsung 840 EVO, another with Crucial M4. The problem is device dependent. OS X has TRIM difficulty with certain SSD firmware, thus probably why they put the check for their own SSDs. But it is simple. If your SSD has incompatible firmware regarding TRIM, then don't use a trim enabler.

thats for sure, apple implant something to verify that. uh, anyway the life is good with sdd. bigger better.

Thanks,

Are you saying that if i update my OCZ SSD firmware, it should work good with TRIM support?

Are you saying that if i update my OCZ SSD firmware, it should work good with TRIM support?

If there is a firmware update, you should try it. I have no way of knowing whether the update will improve OS X compatibility or not. OCZ is not well known for reliable SSDs, nor good compatibility with Mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back