Contribute
Register

Mavericks Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using Asus g53 with 4xx nvedia, I have used nv_disable=1 and it loaded the setup/install screen, but yet everytime I have to boot from flash with nv_disable=1 typed before loading....any advise and I hope it helped.:)

Using Asus g53 with 4xx nvedia, I have used nv_disable=1 and it loaded the setup/install screen, but yet everytime I have to boot from flash with nv_disable=1 typed before loading....any advise and I hope it helped.:)

Hi All

I had Mavericks running perfectly on my HP Probook 6570b.

I eventually decieded to upgrade my screen, so I got the FULL HD panel (p/n 690405-001)

After I installed I get black screen after the apple logo. I have tried the various flags

IGPEnabler=No/Yes GraphicsENabler=Yes/No IGPlatformID=01660003/4 dart=0 -v -x -f

I managed to get the Unibeast disk to boot by renaming the Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml to ssdt.aml and placing it in /Extra/ssdt.aml and booting using 'GraphicsENabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004' then I can get to install OSX.

I attempted to copy this ssdt.aml (Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml) to my probook hdd under /Extra/ssdt.aml using my iMac and use the same flags to try boot my Mavericks installation but that did not work
Any advice?

Thanking you in advance! :)

Hi All

I had Mavericks running perfectly on my HP Probook 6570b.

I eventually decieded to upgrade my screen, so I got the FULL HD panel (p/n 690405-001)

After I installed I get black screen after the apple logo. I have tried the various flags

IGPEnabler=No/Yes GraphicsENabler=Yes/No IGPlatformID=01660003/4 dart=0 -v -x -f

I managed to get the Unibeast disk to boot by renaming the Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml to ssdt.aml and placing it in /Extra/ssdt.aml and booting using 'GraphicsENabler=Yes IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004' then I can get to install OSX.

I attempted to copy this ssdt.aml (Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml) to my probook hdd under /Extra/ssdt.aml using my iMac and use the same flags to try boot my Mavericks installation but that did not work
Any advice?

Thanking you in advance! :)

IGPlatformID does not work with your HDD install because (I assume) you're using Chameleon. IGPlatformID is specific to Chimera. For Chameleon, use IntelCapriFB=4. You should re-patch your DSDT using the ProBook Installer so you can boot without that flag.

IGPlatformID does not work with your HDD install because (I assume) you're using Chameleon. IGPlatformID is specific to Chimera. For Chameleon, use IntelCapriFB=4. You should re-patch your DSDT using the ProBook Installer so you can boot without that flag.

Yes I am using Chameleon V2.2svn r2377 , I have tried booting just using just 'IntelCapriFB=4' but it does the same apple logo then black screen.

Yes I am using Chameleon V2.2svn r2377 , I have tried booting just using just 'IntelCapriFB=4' but it does the same apple logo then black screen.

IntelCapriFB has no effect without GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

IntelCapriFB has no effect without GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

I'm a dumbass! I got impatient and reinstalled Mavericks :banghead: now it's completely screwed!

Will have to rebuild from scratch.

Thanks anyway RehabMan appeciate the help.

Having the same problem trying to boot from HDD. I had the system working perfectly for about 3 weeks although I had to copy the bootloader directly from the unibeast install USB to the SSD using text commands on my initial install. For some reason the boot has since become corrupted although I haven't been playing with kexts or DSDT or anything. All I did was let the battery run dry (I think for the first time) and when I rebooted the screen seemed to fade out after the apple logo. In verbose I can see a fading flicker of something graphics related before the screen goes to sleep.

I tried various boot flags to no avail, to get the system to boot I have to use the unibeast bootloader. I can just copy it over again but the process is a bit of a chore and I wondered if I missed anything. Can't see why it would have changed / gotten corrupted. Here's a screenshot of how chameleon reads my boot configuration. It looks to me like it has changed somehow but thought I would ask advice before steaming in with alterations.

Hope you can help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 03.26.32.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 03.26.32.png
    159.4 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
For anyone still experiencing this problem, I discovered that the blank screen was simply the screen brightness automatically switching down to zero creating the blank screen. You can raise the brightness using the F10 key. The problem stopped occuring when I ran the Probook installer for kexts and Chameleon install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back