Contribute
Register

Mavericks Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallo guys..new here..i tried to install maverik 10.9.0 on a HP Pro Book 470 Go ..afetr insatll and restart..black screen ..i used IGPlatformID=01660004 IGPEnabler=Yes..nothing..after boot the screen is black and i can here one spech from apple in the begining...i tried also GraphicEnabler=Yes and after UseKernelCache=no..still nothing...

Hp Pro Book 470 Go
Processor - Intel Core i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
Mother Board - Intel HM76 (Panther Point)
Memory - 8192 MB, 2x 4096 MB DDR3-1600, 2 Slots
Graphic Card - AMD Radeon HD 8750M
Display - 17.3 inch 16:9, 1600x900 pixel
HDD - HGST Travelstar 5K1000 HTS541075A9E680, 750 GB 5400 rpm 8 MB Cache

Any suggestion?

Which guide are you using? What step are you on? Did you already run the ProBook Installer? If so, what were your selections, exactly?

The Probook Installer installs Chameleon, IGPlatformID has no effect with Chameleon. Your graphics capability should be injected by DSDT, provided you make the correct selections in that part of the process.

Im using this one Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook ...first i wrote IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004 afetr the second i tried to wriet again ..without writing enithing..nothing..i tried also GraphicsEnabler=Yes than UseKernelCache=no..after following the steps in your guide..booting without the usb...the screen is black

Im using this one Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook ...first i wrote IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004 afetr the second i tried to wriet again ..without writing enithing..nothing..i tried also GraphicsEnabler=Yes than UseKernelCache=no..after following the steps in your guide..booting without the usb...the screen is black

What step are you on in the guide? The steps are designated with numbers.

I started a new instalation and now im at 11..for the 3rd time..

I started a new instalation and now im at 11..for the 3rd time..

So, you're here:
Guide said:
11. Hit Alt+Q to return to the installer after you have finished. Finish the install process like normal, selecting the partition you just made.

What is the issue at step 11?

but without having troubles with the keyboard...im tring to get to the desktop..but after the log on screen ..the display is black

but without having troubles with the keyboard...im tring to get to the desktop..but after the log on screen ..the display is black

So you're actually on step 12. By "log on screen" I assume you actually mean "Chimera bootloader screen."

You will need to enter the same boot flags as you did before (IGPlatformID=01660004). And make sure Radeon is disabled in BIOS.

after write the 'IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004' ..apeer the log on screen ..and after insted of desktop the screen is black..again...

after write the 'IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatformID=01660004' ..apeer the log on screen ..and after insted of desktop the screen is black..again...

Make sure Radeon is disabled in BIOS. Also, if you have VT-d enabled in BIOS (contrary to the guide), either disable it or use dart=0 (in addition to the other flags).

If by "log on screen" you mean you expect the OS X "logon screen" to appear, that's not how it works. You should get the second stage of the OS X installer at this point (where it collects your user id, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back