Contribute
Register

Mavericks Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried install on probook 6470b. And after i have logo, the screen comes to Black. Any suggest? Plz help. thx

Why not to try Clover Mavericks guide as an alternative(sticky post). I did not install from scratch (upgraded), but I did not experience any issue at all with Mavericks

Why not to try Clover Mavericks guide as an alternative(sticky post). I did not install from scratch (upgraded), but I did not experience any issue at all with Mavericks
This one works for me: IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes. thx

Is that booting the installer or after completing the installation with the ProBook Installer. Refer to the guide you're using and the step within that guide (by number).

this flag: IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes work in both booting and after installation( which go to set up language , account...). thx for your help :D

In my case trying to install mav 10.9.2 I use GraphicsEnabler=y PCIRootUID=1 IGPEnabler=n to get to the USB installer. It goes well. Then booting into disk first time I also need -x flag to get to setup. After installing boot loader and kexts, I cannot boot into the HD. I get black screen all the time. I tried all sorts of flags reading in this post. Any other suggestion or things to look for?

In my case trying to install mav 10.9.2 I use GraphicsEnabler=y PCIRootUID=1 IGPEnabler=n to get to the USB installer. It goes well. Then booting into disk first time I also need -x flag to get to setup. After installing boot loader and kexts, I cannot boot into the HD. I get black screen all the time. I tried all sorts of flags reading in this post. Any other suggestion or things to look for?

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Hi RehabMan. I just updated profile. Basically that 17" is running 10.8.2 without a problem. It still is. Everything works, basically once I changed the wifi card. So I decided lets see if I make the jump to mav. I tried a couple days now, and reading your post here...by the way u rock with the insight given by you and others.. The odd part is no problem installing with the mentioned flags i used but, once booting to hd first time i need to use -x which i did not on installer. After reloading all my working stuff, and installing boot loader then it goes dark sometimes, and sometimes just stuck on logo with waiting to load. I forget which non flag make it dark. What is so different with mav. I'm writing this on an sleek 13z dell in mav 10.9.2. Just a couple things need to iron on this one but installed like a charm.

Hi RehabMan. I just updated profile. Basically that 17" is running 10.8.2 without a problem. It still is. Everything works, basically once I changed the wifi card. So I decided lets see if I make the jump to mav. I tried a couple days now, and reading your post here...by the way u rock with the insight given by you and others.. The odd part is no problem installing with the mentioned flags i used but, once booting to hd first time i need to use -x which i did not on installer. After reloading all my working stuff, and installing boot loader then it goes dark sometimes, and sometimes just stuck on logo with waiting to load. I forget which non flag make it dark. What is so different with mav. I'm writing this on an sleek 13z dell in mav 10.9.2. Just a couple things need to iron on this one but installed like a charm.

Your profile says "Toshiba". This forum is specifically for HP ProBook series laptops.

Your profile says "Toshiba". This forum is specifically for HP ProBook series laptops.

Sorry for replying here. I've been reading a lot posts regarding black screen no boot after install. I thought I can get some resolution on the matter. I just ran with the thread topic without looking it was for specific HP probook.

Hallo guys..new here..i tried to install maverik 10.9.0 on a HP Pro Book 470 Go ..afetr insatll and restart..black screen ..i used IGPlatformID=01660004 IGPEnabler=Yes..nothing..after boot the screen is black and i can here one spech from apple in the begining...i tried also GraphicEnabler=Yes and after UseKernelCache=no..still nothing...

Hp Pro Book 470 Go
Processor - Intel Core i7-3632QM 2.2 GHz
Mother Board - Intel HM76 (Panther Point)
Memory - 8192 MB, 2x 4096 MB DDR3-1600, 2 Slots
Graphic Card - AMD Radeon HD 8750M
Display - 17.3 inch 16:9, 1600x900 pixel
HDD - HGST Travelstar 5K1000 HTS541075A9E680, 750 GB 5400 rpm 8 MB Cache

Any suggestion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back