Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having issues with my audio, never had a problem with a hackintosh i couldn't fix before, but this one has me baffled.

Audio is detected and does play, but very sporadically. The audio lags, crackles slightly and locks up the machine when anything excessive is played, i didn't have the issue in Mountain Lion and audio works fine in Windows.

There is occasionally sound assertions but not all the time.

The codec is ALC892, i've tried patching, MultiBeast, other AppleHDA's all with the same result, so i am guessing it might be something conflicting but no idea what.

Board - GA-Z77X-UD4H
Processor - i5 3570k
Graphics card - GTX670

Using Clover to boot with Audio/Inject/1 - I have tried 2 and blue port, and also tried HDAEnabler all with the same result.

my IOReg and screenshot of audio should hopefully be attached.

View attachment Christopher’s iMac.ioreg

Screen Shot 2013-12-12 at 16.32.23.jpg

There is no line-in in the list under Sound->Input, only "internal microphone", which doesn't register any sound. When I connect my headphones to the front panel line out and line in, there should be a line-in input in the list.

Hi Toleda!
Any news about enabling DD/DTS passthrough with Encoded Digital output for Vlc with ALC892? I'm not using DSDT within P8Z77-v Pro and Maverick working flawlessly, and tried both Xbmc and Plex (the first just stuck playing hd videos, the second it's kinda opposite of user friendly with new combo media server/home theater!). There's any hope to get that working, also in other ways (DSDT editing, HDMI audio passthrough, whatever...!)? Thank you very much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back