Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPCI Manger does not see a codec. I have no knowledge of or experience with Voodoo. Post in the laptop forum.

Naa, i dont want to use voodoo. I just found out, that the kext worked but very bad. So therefore i was asking in your thread for you to help me with Realtek ALC?

Naa, i dont want to use voodoo. I just found out, that the kext worked but very bad. So therefore i was asking in your thread for you to help me with Realtek ALC?
DCPIManager meaning OS X does not see any audio codec. The supported Realtek codecs are noted in Post #1.

Hi all!
Following Problem Reporting:
1)
I've an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 (ALC892) running 10.9.3.
I'm experiencing a weird issue: after some time after resume from sleep, pin sense is not working anymore. Putting Mavericks in stop then resuming makes pin sense work again, then after some other time, it stops. This happens using iMac12,2 smbios.
Using MacPro5,1 some time after sleep/wake the audio card stops working completely, until I put it to sleep and wake another time (but still after some time it stops), or reboot.

In both cases, at first boot everything looks ok. I think this has something to do with power saving, I'm not sure. With ML the issue was similar: with iMac12,2 smbios, after sleep pin sense never worked anymore, and there was a patch for IOAudioFamily.kext to solve this issue.

I don't remember from where I took AppleHDA.kext for ML, for Mavericks first I tried with my patches, then with toleda's script (you are awesome man, 3 seconds and BOOOM here's your patched kext). Right now, I'm using toleda's solution for AppleHDA.
Has anyone any experience in this kind of issue?

2) 10.9.3/"ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3"/BIOS 3603/i7-2600k/nvidia GTX 560 (dual)
3) well... I had modified DSDT/HDEF with layout-id 0x01, then patched AppleHDA with toleda's script for 892
4) I don't know if it's ok... when I try to open the ioreg "It appears to be corrupted"...
5) done 6) no (I think there's a typo: AppelHDAxxx.kext) 7) done (I think)
8) done (typo: Satus instead of Status) 9) done in another way (I couldn't find boot log in DPCIManager)

Attachments

• report.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 112
I've an ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 (ALC892) running 10.9.3.
after some time after resume from sleep, pin sense is not working anymore.
Typos fixed, thanks.
10.9.3 AppleHDA.kext problem. Temporary fix, install 10.9.2 AppleHDA.kext.

Thank you for your answer :)

Hi toleda, I am just wondering will this fix the popping noise when an audio stream starts?

I know this is caused by OSX putting the amp to sleep to save electricity. I am wondering if I follow your guide will this popping stop or should I just use antipop.app?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back