Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Toleda!
Any news about enabling DD/DTS passthrough with Encoded Digital output for Vlc with ALC892?
Not supported since a Mountain Lion Developer preview. HDMI audio is your only option.

Hi,

Is there a way to set/see the rear audio output as "Headphones" instead of "Internal speakers"?
If I plug in my headphones on the front input I have much better quality and higher volume but I don't want to keep my headphone in front, I want the same quality and volume for my rear input because my headphones are here.

Hi,
Is there a way to set/see the rear audio output as "Headphones" instead of "Internal speakers"?
Requires undocumented kext surgery on pinconfigs and pathmaps. From the software perspective, there is no codec difference to those two nodes, same amp and mixer.

The sound is distorted (at max volume) at the rear output, it's the same on Windows and same on OS X, the difference is that on Windows I can set the rear output (green) as Headphones instead of Speakers from the Realtek manager and this fixes the problem, besides this there is a volume difference, the "Headphones" setting has higher volume.

In OS X, if I plug in my headphones in the front jack the sound is perfect and the volume is higher.

Requires undocumented kext surgery on pinconfigs and pathmaps

It can be done but there is no tutorial for this ?

It can be done but there is no tutorial for this ?
You have been warned.
Post #1 download, M-Realtek ALC AppleHDA Customization.pdf

Codec and Audio ID
Confirm ALC892, Audio: 1

Info.plist/pinconfigs
Find: CodecID: 283904146, LayoutID: 1
1. ConfigData/Change 14 to 1b
Find: 21471c10 21471d40 21471e11 21471f90
2. Change 1b to 14
Find: 21b71c70 21b71d40 21b71e21 21b71f02

Platforms/PathMap
Find: PathMapID: 892/Item 2
1. Change NodeID from 20 to 27
2. Change NodeID from 27 to 20

Save/install/restart

I have LayoutID 3 because I have HDMI.
It can only be done for LayoutID 1 ?
I have found inside info.plist that CodecID: 283904146 has also LayoutID 2 and LayoutID 3.

Thanks !

PS:

Item 10
Item 11
Item 12

For layoutID 3 I must edit Item 12 (392) and from there Item 2, the problem is that I can't find Node 26, I have only 20 and 27.

PS2:
1. I have replaced 14 with 1b and 1b with 14 for LayoutID 3 in info.plist
2. I have replaced 20 with 27 and 27 with 20 at Item12 -> Item 2 in platform.xml

It's working perfect ! Now I have a perfect audio quality and +20-30% higher volume thanks to you.
You have my greatest respect ! God bless you and what you do here !

Hi, I have a Gigabyte Z87X-OC with the ALC892 codec. I built the system and got it up and running in January, but recently have really been able to use it and noticed that my sound is coming out of my monitor via USB instead of my speakers. The Audio MIDI setup no longer shows anything other than the USB option as an option, so the normal line out has disappeared along the way. It was there at one point, but don't know when I lost it.

I believe my Multibeast options was ALC without Multibeast, but very unsure of what my next step is in getting audio back up and running on the Hackingtosh. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back