Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
I have two problems with the audio patch:

- after sleep, sound is gone. This was resolved by using an older version of AppleHDA, but I don't know if there's a better solution for that or not...
- the more important thing is, when I use Logic Pro, audio is start crackling after a couple of minutes, and / or gone totally. I mean I hear nothing from the speakers until I reload AppleHDA.kext

Any ideas? I really need to use Logic Pro. My board has an ALC887, DSDT is patched (I can post it if its needed.)

Motherboard
I didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Toleda,

Just wanted to share some findings, specially after I saw some people asking the same question before and had no answers.

Some folks complain about not having microphone, both from front and back ports, and I think it might be related to the SSDT.

TLDR: if after applying the ALC patches + SSDT the microphone doesn't work, perhaps the person is using the wrong SSDT, and although HDMI/DP will work perfectly, that will mute the mic.

I reapplied the entire Clover ALC892 + zml.zlib files + realtekALC.kext + SSDT and now EVERYTHING works, including the microphone that never did. The problem? The SSDT, which apparently changed between then and now, but that I had never checked in the past months.

So here is the whole story.

So, here is what I have:
- GA-Z87-D3HP with ALC892
- AMD Radeon HD 7950, and I wanted to have HDMI/DP output too
- Intel graphics disabled
- Mavericks 10.9.4

Months ago when I applied the ALC892 Clover patch and used one of your SSDTs, I had audio out, although every now and then when I plugged or unplugged the microphone it would cause a kernel panic, but HDMI/DP output worked flawlessly.

I put that to rest without the onboard audio, ended up buying a USB headset and it worked for me for a while. Every now and then I would check to see if there was a change to the ALC thread and tried to review my work, but it never gave me different results, until now.

Recently though, I found myself in need of using an old microphone and therefore needed the onboard audio to work again, and I threw myself into it.

After several reboots, I finally decided to check the SSDT and remove it, and then the microphone worked absolutely perfectly, including ambient noise cancelation (on the back port).

Then I decided to check your the HDMI page (Mavericks: HDMI Audio AppleHDA) which lead me to the CloverHDMI page (audio_CloverHDMI) which in turn lead me to HDMI 8series Git hub (audio_hdmi_8series), and in there following the instructions to choose from P0P2 or PEG0, having found P0P2 using MaciASL, I choose the audio_ssdt-hdmi-ami_hd5k-amd-nvidia-1_v2.zip SSDT, which has a definition block of "ami8hdm1".

Switching those SSDTs, from the old "ami8hdm2" to the new one "ami8hdm1" solved the muted microphone problem.

Thanks again for your great work, I hope this helps somehow.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
v2.0 - 8/12/2014 - v2 AppleHDA.kext patch scripts available; easier, simpler and faster.
What improved? Does this solve the wake volume get low problem?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI
CPU
Core i5 4690K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 970 (eVGA ACX 2.0)
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
v2.1 - 8/15/2014 - 9 Series/EAPD added to 887, 892, 898, 1150, credit: kidalive
The script is failing for me. Not downloading the 887.zip.

File: audio_realtekALC-90_v2_patch,command_v2.0Password:
Confirm Realtek ALC887 (y/n): y
887 Legacy/v100202? (y/n): y

Download ALC887 files ...
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 9 100 9 0 0 10 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 10
[/tmp/ALC887.zip]
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /tmp/ALC887.zip or
/tmp/ALC887.zip.zip, and cannot find /tmp/ALC887.zip.ZIP, period.
Error: Download failure
No system files were changed
logout

[Process completed]

This is a Z77-DS3H with the 887, and it's auto-detecting it correctly, but it's not downloading successfully.

edit: if I say "n" on the legacy question, it then asks about enabling HD4600, I answer "n" to that, and then it completes. After a reboot audio is working. So apparently it's limited to answering "y" twice.

toleda

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VII Impact
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
RX 560 + HD4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
edit: if I say "n" on the legacy question, it then asks about enabling HD4600, I answer "n" to that, and then it completes. After a reboot audio is working. So apparently it's limited to answering "y" twice.
You don't have a Legacy 887. Why Legacy: yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.