Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello. I recently installed Mavericks on a brand new Haswell setup (GA-H87N-WIFI, i3-4330), and everything seems to be working correctly except for the audio. I have audio output, but I'm getting unexplainable random "hiccups" in which the audio stops for half a second.

1. I installed ALC892 and HDA Enabler without DSDT from multibeast.
2. The interruptions seem to get a lot worse after waking from sleep. They usually ocurr every 5 to 10 seconds or so, but after sleep it's unbearable.
3. If I'm watching video, the interruptions also halt the video.
4. Every time one of the interruptions occur, I can see the volume control going down and then up again.
5. The interruptions occur randomly, no matter if there's audio playing or not. I know because the volume control icon changes to reflect the volume going up and down.

Anybody knows what this is? Thanks in advance for your help.

------------

Edit 1: Disconnecting one of the 3 hard drives I had connected solved the problem. Why that worked is a complete mystery to me, but it worked. Too much volumes mounted, I guess?

Edit 2: Nope, seems like I spoke too soon. The problem reoccured after sleep. Digging a bit deeper I'm noticing that in the MIDI configuration the name of the source switches from "Internal Speakers" to "Headphones" back and forth. It's like the system mistakenly thinks I'm plugging and unplugging headphones. Plugging headphones solved the issue for as long as they were connected. I'm suspecting the chassis front audio header.

Edit 3: Disconnecting the front audio header improved the problem, but didn't fix it. So I switched from using "internal speakers" to "line output" and changed the speakers connection accordingly. Audio is stable, but "grainy". Think I'm gonna have to install VoodooHDA.

Here exactly the same, I have also the GA-H87N-WIFI and initially I didn't noticed this, but it's now really annoying. It's also worse after resume from sleep. Have you already tried the VoodooHDA?

Edit: I've installed VoodooHDA 2.8.4 and the hiccups issue is gone :headbang:

I've solved. What I did - boot with boot loader Clover v2k r2652 using. When I accidentally disrupted Chameleon work. Also I'm fully had turned off Power management in BIOS. M/board GA-Z87N-WIFI
Clear sound.
I was tried to install Voodoo drivers by your advice, the system rejected it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back