Asus ROG Maximus Hero VII Z97
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K
Graphics
Asus GeForce GTX 770 DirectCUII 2GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Hello,

First of all a big thank you to have this forum!

I successfully managed to install OSX Mavericks 10.9.2 on an ASUS ROG Maximus VII Hero-Mainboard using MultiBeast/Chimera - I sticked to the setup from eriksengh and used his post as a guideline -
thank you!

Here my Specs:
MB: Asus ROG Maximus Hero VII Z97
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz 32GB
GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 770 DirectCUII 2GB
PSU: Be-Quiet StraightPower 10 600W
Harddisks: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB / Seagate Baracuda 7200rpm 2 TB
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 WiFI-Card
LG GH24NS DVD-Burner
GMYLE Bluetooth 4 Usb-Dongle
Startech PEX1394B3 Firewire 400/800 PCI-E Card

I flashed to Bios Version 3201 (2017/03/03), set AI Overclock to XMP-Profile, Vt-d->Disabled, CSM/Boot-Device Control->Legacy first

For Multibeast I use the following Configuartion (as far as I remember)

EasyBeast-Profile:
Drivers -> Disk -> 3rd Party SATA
Drivers -> Misc -> ElliottForceLegacyRTC
Drivers -> Misc -> EvOreboot
Drivers -> Misc -> FakeSMC v6.9.1315
Drivers -> Misc -> NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers -> System -> AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders -> Chimera v3.0.1
Customize -> Boot Options -> Basic Boot Options
Customize -> Boot Options -> Use KernelCache
Customize -> System Definition -> Mac Pro -> Mac Pro 3,1
Customize -> Themes -> tonymacx86 Black

Additionally I installed:
Audio->Realtek ALC8xx->ALC1150
Audio->Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support

My Chameleon-Bootoptions are:
EthernetBuiltIn=Yes
GraphicsEnabler=No
IGPEnabler=Yes
Legacy Logo=Yes
Timeout=2
UseKernelCache=Yes
HDEFLayoutID=01000000
HDAEnabler=Yes

Everythink works (including onboard-sound and wifi-card) except that I encounter a really annoying problem with my firewirecard:

I installed the Startech-FW-Card (That one with the recommended TI-Chipset) to PCI-E 1_1 Slot and attached the additional molex-power-supply -> It gets properly detected in System-Profiler - so far no problems

BUT: As soon as I attach ANY external Firewire-Device the whole system completely freezes/crashes after 30-60 seconds! (No mouse-movement, only hard-reset possible)

The problem occurs no matter which firewire-device is connected - I tested it with an Edirol FA-66 Audio-Interface, a Focusrite-Audio-Interface, a RME Fireface 800-

Interface and even an external FW800-Harddisk. All FW-Devices were additionally powered by an external power supply (Also tested it without -> no difference)

I did also following tests:
- Installed the FW-Card to another Slot -> same problem
- Installed an old FW-400-Card with a VIA-Chipset for test purposes -> this seemed to work, no freezes observable - So in assumption of a broken Startech-FW-Card:
- Sent my Startech-Card back and replaced it with a complete new ones (Same Model) -> Same issue!!
WTF?

All Firewire-Devices get properly detected in Mac OSX and communication with it seem possible. (At least for the first minute) In one of 5 tries it even works far beyond this minute but I really need a reliable firewire communication. :(

So does anybody have the same troubles? Is this Startech-Card maybe incompatible with my Asus ROG Hero-Board? Has anyone the same configuration?
In the next days I will order a Syba-PCI-Express Card - will report if this works.

Thank you in advance!