Contribute
Register

Mavericks & AS Media USB 3.0 problem (write error)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus IX Code Z270
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
  4. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I just updated my Hack and noticed that the USB 3.0 drives I had mounted kicked up an error when I tried to format them with HFS+. NTFS (Tuxera) and FAT32 formatted OK just the problem with HFS+. The error was when trying to copy anything to the drive, it would copy a bit then come up with an error.

Remembering that I could not install Mavericks using a Unibeast 3.0.0 prepared USB 3.0 stick on the USB 3.0 ports (installed fine on USB2 ports) I figured there was an issue with the USB 3.0 Kext installed by Multibeast 6.0.0, so I downloaded V1.2.7 of Zeniths Generic USB 3.0 Kext and the error is fixed. Multibeast 6.0.0 is using V1.2.6 of this Kext.

Not sure if I posted this in correct section as technically it's not a bug with Multibeast or Unibeast just an incompatibility with the AS Media chipset on my ASUS P8P67-M-Pro (latest AS Media firmware)

brams

I've run into this problem too. It's made using Time Machine with my USB 3.0 drive impossible, it just fails every time. It's perfectly fine when plugged into a 2.0 port.

Do you have a link to the newer version of the kext by the way please?

EDIT:

I found the link (Google ftw lol). It's working 100% now! Thanks for the post, it saved me a LOT of frustration.

I just wanted to say thanks you saved me a lot of time!!!! I was getting error 36 everytime i would move a file. I do a lot of movie editing and tagging and you saved me thanks!!!!!!!!

Ive ran into this problem as well. The driver that worked for me in mountain lion no longer works so I tried the 1.2.7 version of this driver.
While the new driver works it doesn't work that well. Only 1 of the 2 ports works(nearest to the motherboard). When I boot from a USB drive using this driver it runs at USB 2.0 speed. :(

The USB 3.0 Universal driver has been updated in MultiBeast 6.01.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back