1. Android
Just a quick note on my install.

Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3 Rev 1.0 (BIOS F9)
32 GB PC1333 RAM
Gigabyte AMD/ATI 6850 video card
The card layout looks like this
DVI -- DP -- HDMI
DVI

Downloaded Mavericks free per Apple's offer on my MBP.

Used Unibeast to create an USB boot device following the Mav install Guide here.

Booted into it, and installed on a 3TB drive. I pre-partitioned and formatted it in Lion. For some reason, if you repartition in Mavericks installer, it creates Core Storage logical volume and I can't get the bootloader installed (kept getting Error0) and everything looks at it as an encrypted volume.

Rebooted and ran Multibeast as below :
- UserDSDT ( Reused my Lion install DSDT )
- Realtek ALCxxx -> With DSDT -> ALC885/889a
- Unchecked all drivers in Disk. (Will need to install the Trim patch later as I'll be stuffing an SSD in there for my virtual machines)
- Nothing checked in Graphics
- Nothing checked in Misc
- Realtek - AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6 for the Realtek chip on my motherboard. I don't use Lnx2Mac's driver because it will drop out under heavy load and sometimes takes the entire system with it due to bad IRQ management.
- Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement -> OS X 10.9.0. ** MAKE SURE TO INSTALL THIS OR YOUR SYSTEM WON'T BOOT. It'll fail waiting for the PM system to respond **
- Chimera v2.2.1 bootloader (Which you need to manually fix again later on)
- Boot Options - See my chameleon plist below.
- SSDT Options - Sandy Bridge Core i5/i7 Overclocked *I could probably just use the non-overclocked i5 one, but since it works I left it alone.
- System Definitions - Mac Pro 3,1
- Nothing checked in Themes

My /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000 AtiConfig=Gibba AtiPorts=4</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

With this config, I am able to run pretty close to native with the exception of the Audio, Network and Power Management kexts.

I'm also running dual DVI monitors without hacking the kext or video BIOS. In Lion I didn't have to specify my display card's personality, it defaults to ATIFrameBuffer and works with dual monitor as long as I pass in the "AtiPorts=4" parameter. In Mavericks, I had to use the Gibba personality. Duckweed or Bulrushes doesn't work. OpenGL 4.0 is present but runs at a snail pace of 17 fps but OpenGL 2/3 runs at excess of 60fps (Geekbench). I don't care too much about the performance, as long as it is available for media renders to use as I don't play games on my Hackintosh. My hardware is below

To install the bootloader on my 4K sector drive -
Code:
dd if=/Volumes/**USB Drive Name**/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2 bs=4096
See MacMan's Guide boot0 Error: The Official Thread

I had to include "bs=4096" as for some reason dd on Mavericks decided to write 2 blocks for the bootloader instead of a single block. Without it, the system obviously doesn't boot, but with the extra parameter added to dd, it worked. Make sure to use "diskutil list" to check which is your Mavericks boot drive and slice. Don't blindly copy my command string as is.

Sounds awesome!

I both have a i5-2500k & Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3, just wondering if the installation was as vanilla as possible?

Also Mavericks is an upgrade from Lion not a standalone installation?

Thanks.

Hi

seems like we have pretty much the exact same system. Are you still hackintoshing it? Did you move to El Capitan?
Maybe we can share our experiences.

Cheers
Max

I'm having issues getting audio working with Yosemite and Clover. El Capitan refuses to boot with the Unibeast USB drive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back