i7 8700K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1060 Xtreme Gaming 6GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I've installed an hackintosh for a friend of mine using Clover and I've setted no wait time to start OSX. Yesterday she asked me to help her becouse can't remember the password she changed time ago. I know for reset administrator password I need enter in recovery disk partition and in terminal writing resetpassword. I can't boot from recovery disk becouse the system start immediately in the main partition. Is there a simple way to solve this problem?

Hi, I've installed an hackintosh for a friend of mine using Clover and I've setted no wait time to start OSX. Yesterday she asked me to help her becouse can't remember the password she changed time ago. I know for reset administrator password I need enter in recovery disk partition and in terminal writing resetpassword. I can't boot from recovery disk becouse the system start immediately in the main partition. Is there a simple way to solve this problem?

See http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/02/create-chameleon-usb-rescue-drive-using_16.html

basic procedure works with latest version of MB.
Booting with the USB allows you to select which partition you want to boot.

when you get to the partition can you change the password? i think i heard in the terminal but not sure because i havent logged in for a long time and i forgot my password also. can anyone help me with this please? i will appreciate it.
It's very similar to my Windows password reset,i finally managed to break Windows password, believe it you can reset the password ,i hope that the method I provided will be useful to you, for your reference only

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back