Mavericks (10.9) on Lenovo Y580

Status
Not open for further replies.
See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

You need DSDT patches:
"HD4000 High Resolution"
"Brightness Fix"
optional: "Rename GFX0 to IGPU."

(Note: Assuming you have a 7-series chipset).
Thanks for that but how do I put the DSDT on the Unibeast USB?? Or don't you mean that, because we can't come to the Mavericks installation and we're getting a black screen while loading the Mavericks installer with the Unibeast Boot loader (Chameleon worked).

EDIT:
Thanks you so much! Didn't knew that Unibeast had an extra folder too!
Edit 2:
Yay it works. I will update the upper post soon with further instructions.

Thanks for that but how do I put the DSDT on the Unibeast USB?? Or don't you mean that, because we can't come to the Mavericks installation and we're getting a black screen while loading the Mavericks installer with the Unibeast Boot loader (Chameleon worked).

EDIT:
Thanks you so much! Didn't knew that Unibeast had an extra folder too!
Edit 2:
Yay it works. I will update the upper post soon with further instructions.

Glad you have a start... and nice work figuring things out...

I always do this (at least) to my Unibeast USB after creating it:
Code:
sudo chflags -R nohidden /Volumes/Installer/Extra
sudo chflags -R nohidden /Volumes/Installer/System

Okay everyone the guide is up, everything is working fine. The only thing remaining is to patch some newer kexts and the DSDT.

great work RehabMan and Jessers123 !!!, I am going to try Mavericks, and see what I can fix, I uploaded my DSDT on the ML thread with brightness working but there was a problem with getting the right brightness level at start up, it works only after sleep.I will try to fix it......is this the same DSDT or patch that you uploaded on your guide?, also could anyone please share the unlocked bios (5DCN40WW V2.07), I cant download it from techinferno because I need a minimum of 5 posts to download files.

I am going to try Mavericks, and see what I can fix, I uploaded my DSDT on the ML thread with brightness working but there was a problem with getting the right brightness level at start up, it works only after sleep.I will try to fix it......is this the same DSDT or patch that you uploaded on your guide?
Yes it is the same DSDT :p. I've tried to compile self one but I can't find out which patches you used. Is there an easy way to see the differences between two DSDT's?
Install blinkscreen from the ProBook Installer. See here for more info:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook...rightness.html
EDIT2: It works! Thanksssss

I also found this in the ML thread so if anyone could test it:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...629-lenovo-y580-i7-3610m-gtx-660m-8gb-28.html
Code:
#   Brightness control fixinto device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
    Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
    Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
    Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
    Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n 
end;

And is there an patched AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext for 10.9?

Hi,
I had on my Y580 (1920 x 1080) Mountain Lion 10.8.5 of course thanks to the thread Y580->Mountain Lion. Of course I was waiting for this thread because my own try tou pdate the system to Mavericks go astray. So Thank you RehabMan and Jessers123 for your digging.

From the Jessers123 manual I choosed the first option update from USB:
- created USB stick (to choose Mavericks and Laptop support in Beast)
- when I bootded from the HD and choosed USB ML Install stick the install broke (I cant write to the HDD. Your installation is broken…)
-so I booted directly from USB Install stick. Installed in HDD (overwriting ML) with your parameters GraphicsEnabler=No -f -v
-install went as should, but after restart (from HDD now) there was Kernel Panic
-so, I installed by Kext Wizard the kext from your manual and
-Voile, Mavericks shine! but

the network was down (fixed by editing plist)
the sound dont work???
He dont see my sound card. Installing IOAudioFamily.kext didint work?
And sadly the messages stopped too (Icloud and Facetime works).

Hmm, I dont get it.

the sound dont work???He dont see my sound card. Installing IOAudioFamily.kext didint work?
I din't try the sound :p but there must be a way to fix it, I think a new patched AppleHDA or just use VodooHDA.

And sadly the messages stopped too (Icloud and Facetime works).
I don't know what's wrong with iMessage because I don't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back